Our profession getting a slagging

For all of us that read and post on these pages,I came across another site where,and quite rightly,another driver somewhere,gets a slagging for an 8 mile overtaking manouvre.

However,further into the thread,we seem to have the anti truck brigade rearing it’s head again,and,using the same name I use on here,I have replied.

I urge you to link onto that site,and read it,and either leave your reply, (Via registration if your not registered.) or comment back here on the only site that understands why we do what we do.

Ken.

honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ … =2&t=30275

Driver could have done better but love the way this person doesn’t condemn car drivers throwing tin cans at fellow road users.

The thing is,the guy called Mark (RLBS) I think,is a moderator on that forum.Now if I reported his posting as offensive,would it get removed? I doubt it.

Also,he says he used to be an HGV driver,so he should know better.

Ken.

Ah, a true proffessional, driving whilst watching his GPS plaything, and he got the wrong road number, A43 not A45. :unamused: Muppet.

LOL the largest thing he has drove is a white Van!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: what a laugh!! needs to upgrade gps!! And i bet his wife drives a shogun for the 200 yard dash to school!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what a “door opening device” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I registered to launch a reply when i saw this. but having seen his last post saying he was expecting a load of new replies from truck drivers i wont give him the pleasure…

Bones:

I registered to launch a reply when i saw this. but having seen his last post saying he was expecting a load of new replies from truck drivers i wont give him the pleasure…

I agree Bones, don’t give the [zb] credance, treat him with the contempt he deserves. Drivers could have handled it differently though.

These two clowns have left an “excellent” impression of the professional (not) driver in general :unamused:. Allright, how often do you see people sticking to the speed limit, but a duel carridgways a 50mph limit.

Yes, I know, best progress and all that, but now we’re all tarred with the same brush :wink:.

The words that spring to mind are patience, common sense and tolerance - from everyone.

Ho hum :unamused:.

Now where’s the tin 'at.

To be honest, slow overtaking (even on the motorway) does ■■■■ me off, I’ve been doing 56mph minding my own business when some idiot tries to overtake doing 57mph, I mean 1 mile per hour over 4 hrs saved him 4 minutes :unamused: surely if 4 minutes makes all the difference to a days work your in the wrong job :exclamation:

the overtaking part of this was fine. the guys were in the wrong no question. what is wrong is the follow on from this in the other posts :unamused: :unamused: ie the usual blanket statements and oblivious attitude of the car driver of to what is involved in getting a unit and trailer round a tight roundabout etc. :open_mouth:

I read the post and the drivers are both at fault the driver who was being
overtaken for not letting the other imbecile pass, but the fools crown
must go to the person who must be suffering from fits of delusion
by trying to over take with such a small amount of speed ca,1-2 mph
When you wish to try that on german roads,the new law states that
to over take you must have 10kmh or more than the vehicle you wish to pass, when you are caught in the act as well as a fine the police
award the culprit points on his -hers account in FLENSBURG this
goes for non–holders of a german licence.

the only thing i can say about this is everybody will cite some “idiot” for trying to overtake them when only doing a couple mph more and how they won’t gain anytime in their journey etc but if thats the case you’ve got to ask how much time the driver being overtaken would have lost if he’d backed off a couple of mph and let the wagon overtake him quickly?

personally i just lay off the limiter a couple of k’s and let them pass lifes to short to run on the limiter all the time :laughing: :laughing:

That’s funny, clueless, comes to mind

Bones:

thats want he wants
it seems a bit of a stupid site anyway if im honest about honest john… hes a ■■■■■■.

Ey Up, It is becoming quite a good read now!!!

paul b:
the only thing i can say about this is everybody will cite some “idiot” for trying to overtake them when only doing a couple mph more and how they won’t gain anytime in their journey etc but if thats the case you’ve got to ask how much time the driver being overtaken would have lost if he’d backed off a couple of mph and let the wagon overtake him quickly?

well said, wondered when some one would realise its a two way thing.
infact is it not the case that the vehicle being overtaken is obliged to ease off a tad and let the struggling vehicle in. sure ive read that some where (highway code perhaps?)…
i satand to be corrected of course should i be wrong. :wink:

i had to register. i wont have some prat slagging us off. if he wants a battle of wits, he can lose one. no problem :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

as for the car drivers getting to work so we have stuff to deliver, what work would he be going to without trucks delivering the building materials in the first place? or the roads that take him to work.

either way, his arguement is a lost cause now that i am involved. i dont back down and this is a no win situation in his case :unamused:

scanny77:
i had to register. i wont have some prat slagging us off. if he wants a battle of wits, he can lose one. no problem :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

either way, his arguement is a lost cause now that i am involved. i dont back down and this is a no win situation in his case :unamused:

im right behind you on this one richie :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: bring it on

ive registered as lorry driver

someone should register as the driver of the lorry saying they were on the a45 and all stupid car drivers were trying to pass…