M6 Birmingham

Does anyone know what they are doing this week on the M6 I have been caught out every night. Only lane 1 is open after about 10pm the queue is horrendous, plus the idiots who try to cut in at the last minute.

Maybe they covert the road

prdcb1:
Does anyone know what they are doing this week on the M6 I have been caught out every night. Only lane 1 is open after about 10pm the queue is horrendous, plus the idiots who try to cut in at the last minute.

watch what you say on here you get slated if youve got an opinion on something :unamused:

maverick72:

prdcb1:

watch what you say on here you get slated if youve got an opinion on something :unamused:

No no no. I can see where this one is going to go. Someones gona say straddle the lanes so they can’t nip in at the last minute and then someone else is gonna say use all three lanes and zip merge. And then someone is gonna say (not me obviously) that this is when you see the real ‘plastic police’, i.e. the truckers who try to close all the lanes off before they are actually closed !! The only thing we may never actually know is what the roadworks are specifically for on the M6, well other than fixing the road!!

Mike-C:

maverick72:

prdcb1:

No no no. I can see where this one is going to go. Someones gona say straddle the lanes so they can’t nip in at the last minute and then someone else is gonna say use all three lanes and zip merge. And then someone is gonna say (not me obviously) that this is when you see the real ‘plastic police’, i.e. the truckers who try to close all the lanes off before they are actually closed !! The only thing we may never actually know is what the roadworks are specifically for on the M6, well other than fixing the road!!

it must realy ■■■■ you off always being right :unamused:

Where are are the closures?

There are some decent alternative routes around/through Brum, especially at that time of night.

maverick72:

Mike-C:

maverick72:

prdcb1:

it must realy ■■■■ you off always being right :unamused:

No ! It normally has that affect on the people i converse with !!! Lighten up, you come here for some banter about the job, you got it !!

Jen:
Maybe they covert the road

mebbe its those covert road repairers in action :confused: :wink:

it looks like there cleaning or just checking the lights, at the moment they are working between jct 6-7 northbound, ( least you all get a good look at the most beautifully named club in the world :laughing: )

To miss the traffic at spaghetti jct6 come off on to the expressway A38M towards city center, and exit 1st jct ( waterlinks) , to roundabout its Right 2nd exit ( Victoria rd ) carry straight on to next roundabout its right 3rd exit on to the A34 and follow signs for M6 M5…brings you back on at jct 7 after 19.00 that route takes about 10 mins… nightmare between 16.00 - 19.00