M42 this morning

Im going West/South between Jct 2 and1 aiming for the M5 and theres standing traffic just as you climb up the big hill between the Junctions and then just as i start dropping down the other side i can clearly see a Puddle jumper and an old N Reg Audi have had a smash and the central reservation is buckled.

Fine ok accidents happen and the rubberneckers on the other side are causing a hell of a queue back to the M5 slip for the M42 but when i get to the aciddent i see this Apologies for the picture but it was a quick one on the phone as i didnt want to be holding people up taking pics.

In the picture i have just past the puddle jumper and just passed the Highwasy agency is the Audi so WHY OH ■■■■■■■ WHY have they closed the nearsdie lane■■? theres absolutely no reason for it to be shut the Audi is well on the bank and the truck is on the Hard shoulder absolute chaos and hold ups for NO reason at all.

I used to support the Highways agency until now can we please have the professionals back on the job instead of these ■■■■■■■ £12K a year novices!!!.

I,ve complained about that before . It’s bad enough you now get two lanes closed of the motorway for someone to wlak down the hard shoulder picking up litter with out this lot doing it as well for shunts .

ive given up on the m42 from 8 down to 1[ mostly 3 ], what with 20 m.p.h limits, 40 m. p.h limits for about 5 miles before a bloke messing about with another speed sign, 50 m.p.h limits when the hard shoulder in use even though lane 3 and 1 are empty, 6 mile ques for a broken down horse box , then jammys example , i now use a46.