BIG thanks to the Highways Agency

…for not putting up on the matrix signs on M40 n/b that the M42 was closed n/b between J4 & j5 last night as i were on on my way up at about midnight…was a friggin nightmare coming off at the junction to follow the diversion (A34 into Brum), wagons everywhere, most probably lost or moaning at the HA bods. So, followed the signs (those that remained or had the arrows moved, some guys were trying to go down some right tight roads) thinking it would take us up to J5 running parallel (or therabouts) somewhere but ended up (along with everybody else) heading for the city. I started to get a bit wary when loads of trucks were heading out towards the 42. I knew there was a bridge or 2 on the road but unsure of the heights and couldn’t check (had me truckers atlas swipped by agency last week) so just barrelled on. Bridges were all ok but B&Q decker strugggled at the later ones. Heads out to pick up the A38 to find…it was closed. More diversions and then find i’m heading back along the A452/A38 towards the Fort. Picks up the M6 @J5 heading South and by this time i was really jacked off and should have headed up the 42 and gone past the Belfry or up to the A5 but went to J4 and back round and up again…(■■■■). Took No chances on the way back and took the M5, which i will do tonight on the way up…providing it aint closed!! Think i might set up a Twitter account so if there are any holdups, i could spread the word for the early starters/late finishers, in real time.

If they close such a major route they should be fined if signs aren’t put up with a clear diversion!

The twitter account sounds like a good idea, let us know your username if you do!

hello,there going to do the same tonight,also they are going to close 2 lanes m6 nrt between jcn 6 to 7 to to see if they have painted the lines in a straight line fo eu regs.tossers!!!1

Well the matrix on the A34 northbound near Oxford was showing the M42 closed! Fool that you are, why didnt you go there first to check it! :unamused: :confused: :wink:

As a proffesional driver,i would have thought that you would have replaced your atlas immediatly,as you never know where you will be sent to next,did the agency driver steal it?

TJ…according to Jennie (who i spoke to last night), it was also on the matrix south of the M4…one extreme to another me thinks!! I do use trafficengland before i start and it was showing on there but as there was nothing showing on the way up, i (along with many others) presumed the closure had been postponed, as is sometimes the case. The only signs that were out at the time were the ones that said 'lane closure in 800yards, and then it was only lanes 2 &3…

Toby…95% of the time i’m on the same route so know many different ways up but you are right, i should have replaced it asap…don’t think he’s stole it, just think it’s been borrowed ‘longterm’ :smiley: The new Phillips one is out in April so i’ll hang on a few weeks

Hopefully, if there are several of the guy’s who use/will use Twitter, we could get a good little network of info going, but only to be used when parked in a safe/legal place, obviously :wink:

It was similar coming out of London late last night.

Radio said M4 shut, West Cross Route had no access from the A40, the M40 had no access to the M25 south…
I would have laughed if the A404 was shut but apart from some weight restrictions it was open! :smiley:

Is there no joined up thinking with the muppetts who run the country…No, I thought not.