M42 J3 Today

Anyone know what happened there today? They even closed the exits off the M5 onto the 42, managed to get out of Hopwood park back to the M5 then north to the M6 then south that way. Just wondering what was causing all the chaos

think they said someone had crashed into a bridge.

i got held up on the m5 then on the 42 and then to make it a bit worse i had to go through leicester as the a14 was shut.
the hatos had a busy day, thats for sure.

not to sure but as i went into hopwood park for a break they wer queing from there and Sally traffic said they were exiting @ j3 then back on @ other side :confused: but after i had my break they closed it @ j2 both sides and they were just coming up the slip then down the other side to join standing traffic :confused: :confused: so i went down the A441 towards Redditch then back up the A435 to j3 and they were doin the same there on both sides as j2 :question: :question: and all i saw was a low loader on the n/bound hard shoulder @ j3 :confused: :confused: :confused:

I got on the 42 the minute they picked the cones up off the M5. Great timing. There was a low loader with a 360 on board parked under J3 and the arm of said 360 had scraped the underside of the bridge. Didn’t look too bad, just a gouge or three. He certainly hadn’t ■■■■■■■ it as was the impression i got off the radio.