M11 Thursday 13/05

WTF■■?

I left Stansted at about 18:10 heading for home in South London, a journey of 45-60 minutes depending on curcumstances. I got in at 22:00! There was a truck fire MUCH earlier in the day. Two things. I was aware there was an issue but was reassured several times by Sally Traffic that there wasn’t much of a delay being caused so decided to take my normal route anyway. WRONG so ■■■■■■■ WRONG SALLY! Not the first time that daft bint has got it wrong and ruined my day! She was STILL saying the same even after I had texted them to tell them the situation!

I presume the delay was for repairs to be made? Couldn’t it have waited until AFTER rush hour?

doesnt she depend on the info shes given by drivers :question: ,the other week she said long delays on m25 after dart up to roadworks at m11, signs were flashing up as well, i sailed straight through.
but on the whole the two birds on radio 2 have helped me a sight more than not .

I believe started at about 1130 am.It was a CEVA MAN carrying magazines.The driver managed to uncouple the unit but the trailer was well alight and fire had to make numerous journeys to ferry water to scene.Within forty minutes,the M11 S/B and all entry slips at M11 J6/M25 J27 were closed along with the entry slip at J5.Police then started turning traffic round using the Chigwell Police access roads.
Recovery were on scene within 90 mins,along with road surface engineers.
I am not sure exactly what happened during the afternoon but I don’t think anyone thought recovery would take as long as it did.
One lane was kept running during evening rush but there were frequent road blocks to position recovery vehicles,forklifts,tippers etc and dismantle the headboard,roof and doors.
For a full explanation,please call HAIL 08457 504030,and they will return your call.All enquiries have to be completed.

i got caught in the hold up that morning, on my way to brixton. when the police let us through, the trailer was still smouldering. i think it was copies of Heat magazine :laughing: .