M1 motorway

Is the M1 open now following the problems before the weekend? thanks

2 lanes north bound are, 1 lane being h/s. South bound closed till after easter!!!

Cruise Control:
2 lanes north bound are, 1 lane being h/s. South bound closed till after easter!!!

Thanks for the info.

Just listened to Jeremy Whine about this, Did anyone hear Reg Deverell?

Ex Transalliance GBE and P&O

the japs built a 10 KM LONG road 2 days after the massive earthquake and tsunami , us brits have a fire under a bridge and all hell breaks loose … HEALTH EN SAFETY GIMPS!!!

gadge:
the japs built a 10 KM LONG road 2 days after the massive earthquake and tsunami , us brits have a fire under a bridge and all hell breaks loose … HEALTH EN SAFETY GIMPS!!!

exactly, its rediculous. get the japs in to do it and they wll redo the m25 in a week

So on top of being “professional drivers” you are all bridge engineers and experts now.
Why not get your wife and kids to jump in the car and drive up and down the damaged section until it collapses and they die.
What, you dont want to!!!
Then why criticise the HA when they dont ■■■■■■■ want them to either.
If Japan is so brilliant why not go there, see ya.
Mick

HA & their florescent police wannabe muppets should be banned.

gadge:

To be fair the road in Japan was just that, a road with earth underneath, so ‘just’ a case of ripping up the remains of the old & laying the new. The M1 is a viaduct that’s been severely damaged - considering the weight of traffic on there during rush-hour I wouldn’t wan to be the one signing it off as safe unless I was sure that it was.

They can’t open it yet, there are chores to be done such as ironing a shirt :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Extreme Ironing, now there’s a sport. :smiley: :smiley:

oscardog:
So on top of being “professional drivers” you are all bridge engineers and experts now.
Why not get your wife and kids to jump in the car and drive up and down the damaged section until it collapses and they die.
What, you dont want to!!!
Then why criticise the HA when they dont [zb] want them to either.
If Japan is so brilliant why not go there, see ya.
Mick

LOL

japan built 10km of road road within 2 days of an earthquake that pretty much crippled the country

not a huge fire but big enough one under a motorway bridge…4 days later they still havnt got it open,

it really does say alot about us?

as for moving to japa, well it will happen one day…i just want to be nearer drift tracks i can use daily :slight_smile:

gogzy:
LOL

japan built 10km of road road within 2 days of an earthquake that pretty much crippled the country

not a huge fire but big enough one under a motorway bridge…4 days later they still havnt got it open,

it really does say alot about us?

Yes it does, it says that in Japan they design, build and plan for earthquakes, in the UK we DONT plan for major fires under motorways. But when it happens the HA deal with it as best they can, which causes delays.

As an aside i see the “professional drivers/bridge engineers” are in action at Catthorpe again, RTC closed M6 south at J2, incident is at J1 to Catthorpe, hope youre not affected.

Mick

oscardog:
As an aside i see the “professional drivers/bridge engineers” are in action at Catthorpe again, RTC closed M6 south at J2, incident is at J1 to Catthorpe, hope youre not affected.

Mick

I’m guessing that junction was not designed by engineers, professional or amateur, otherwise they would not have made such a monumental [zb] up of it. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I’d rather they kept the M1 shut until it is safe but they are in a no win situation anyway. Keep it closed get abuse. Open it and it collapses and they will get abuse. No one should get stuck in traffic there anyway, it’s not as if it hasn’t been well publicised and there are plenty of alternative routes.

Coffeeholic:

oscardog:

Mick

I’m guessing that junction was not designed by engineers, professional or amateur, otherwise they would not have made such a monumental [zb] up of it. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Seconded, and given the opportunity to put it right the Government pulled the financing. Makes you wonder what sort of incident rate it needs for them to let the HA spend essential money rebuilding and changing the layout.
Its got to have work done, by the way, as the supported section over the M1 is collapsing. They have already taken lane 1 of the M1 south to build supports in a few years ago but it wasnt enough. If nothing is done it WILL fall over so why not do it right.

Mick

Just found this,interesting reading.

coventrytelegraph.net/news/r … -28527156/

Mick

The thing I find with the HA, they do not take criticism well :wink:

Wheel Nut:

Yes I did.
He was the one who has driven trucks for 41years…Before that he was a long serving fireman.

Was heading north bound M1 at 4.30 friday morning,flames were about 30ft above carriageway when i went past was well ablaze underneath!

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

Yes I did.
He was the one who has driven trucks for 41years…Before that he was a long serving fireman.

EX RAF and Northern Soul Fan

Rob K:
HA & their florescent police wannabe muppets should be banned.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :unamused:
Another complete and utter ignorant muppet quote :unamused: :laughing:

From an extrucker along with a few other extruckers, exbib, exmilitary, exparamedics, exrecovery operators, etc and one or 2 exdesk jockeys :grimacing:

What type of people would you like to see doing it ?

Personally i would rather there was no need for Hato’s but while we have, tailgating, drinking, eating, telephoning, newspaper reading, truckers with insecure loads, straps and wheels falling off all over the place they’ll be a need for someone to tidy up all the unnecessary mess they leave behind :smiley: .

Admittedly car drivers do the above but generally with less serious consequences :wink: