M1 liecester road works

ok the roadworks are almost complete and the width restrictions are no longer in force but all trucks still keep left on the hard shoulder … why ■■
today they were all trundeling along at aprox 20 mph …why ■■? i didnt i went in to lane two were i was allowed to be and passed all the slow trucks trailing behing some dopey tipper driver .
as for the co op driver who looked like he was having a epileptic fit at the thought of somebody overtaking him try to relax mate youll give yourself a heart attack , he did make me laugh though with his big purple head. :laughing:
any body like to correct me on this?

its beyond a joke those bloody roadworks are they nearly finished now■■?

i think they are almost done they have removed the cats eye things and now have full size lanes and removed the width restriction signs i think it will all open up properly within the next week or so , unless they are planning to move it all south again like last time.

Like they did on the M6.

I knew this happened because my sat nav with optional speed camera warning,was going ballistic the other week when I went down the M6 for the first time in ages,and my Navman was still telling me the specs cameras were still there,when in fact,they weren’t.

Needless to say,an e.mail to the speed camera moderator,with the details of the removed cameras was sent,and they were removed from the database.

Ken.

and removed the width restriction signs

I went through today…

And the width limit is still in force…
Spotted a least two signs on the approach warning of 6’6’’ width limit in lanes two and three and another 3 signs on the way through the roadworks

The 40 mph limit and the specs cameras are still in force too .
The cats eyes are gone but the roadworks are still in force.

Think you may have made a boo boo by going into lane two!! :wink: :unamused: :smiley:

I posted yonks ago about this mess at Leicester forest , I have had to use this route most days and the way the Traffic management have handled it is a total disgrace. From day one we have had an accident almost everyday why because the yellow road studs in the first place to take the traffic south bound were laid out in a confusing manner, after the first really bad pile up south bound what did they do but re-arrange the whole set up.

Rikki-UK:

I went through today…

Spotted a least two signs on the approach warning of 6’6’’ width limit in lanes two and three and another 3 signs on the way through the roadworks

Think you may have made a boo boo by going into lane two!! :wink: :unamused: :smiley:

went through again today i was mistaken and i did make a booboo however i spotted 3 signs northbound and only one southbound .
but i shall stay in lane one from now on .
:frowning:

How did you manage to see his big purple head?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mark73:

Rikki-UK:

I went through today…

went through again today i was mistaken and i did make a booboo however i spotted 3 signs northbound and only one southbound .
but i shall stay in lane one from now on .
:frowning:

To late mate NIP is on its way :open_mouth: