M1 Jct 9 19/4/10

M1Accident today…

I only saw the clean up operation albiet momentarily…hope the driver and any other persons involved were ok…looked a right mess!!

Rigid flatbed/hiab hit the barrier on hard shoulder and ran into the bridge support by look of it…Hope driver is ok.

yep , saw the aftermath of that Clarky . Looed like the N/S of the cab took the brunt of the impact with the bridge.

Likewise , hope the driver is ok

shade:
yep , saw the aftermath of that Clarky . Looed like the N/S of the cab took the brunt of the impact with the bridge.

Likewise , hope the driver is ok

Looked like N/S took all of it mate :open_mouth: …I was gobsmacked at the damage!!!

didnt see the accident you mention, but i came up this section section at 5-30pm ish and no delays at all :open_mouth: only slowed a little entering the roadworks… never known it that quiet for a long time…
saw the marks on the road from the saturday accident that shut the road for 7 hours at 1pm :open_mouth: one of the cars must have been flying… the skid marks were huge, but no major news items about it as it was only cars, no trucks invoiled :unamused:

Today’s crash at J9,the driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries as far as I know.He had squashed his finger earlier when loading and they think that might be why he passed out.Luckily,he had no passenger.
Saturday’s was very serious.3 cars and I think a Waitrose truck.the car which ran in the back of the stationary traffic,then hit a Porsche (the driver had just bought in morning) pushing that into truck.
The last cars occupants are serious,one with life changing injuries.It took nearly two hours to cut one occupant from vehicle.
Not very nice at all. :cry:

there was a foreign registered volvo tanker on the hard shoulder about 200yds past this incident a the police were talking to someone poss the driver dont now if this was in volved looked really bad hope all are ok