M1 jcn 16-15a

Nice old mess in lane 1 .(s/b)
Looks like somebody decided to end it all and hopped over the bridge into the carriageway .
What a mess , i was coming n/b and it looks like it had just happened , couple of trucks pulling up into the hard shoulder and people running up the Hard shoulder waving hi viz jackets .I did wonder what the hell they were doing until i got level with the bridge and saw the mangled mess :confused:
Not a pretty sight at all .
To my knowledge the motorway is shut .This was at 1:45 am .

That must have been one hell of a shock for any driver if that happens. You always wonder whenever you come upto a bridge that has someone on it whether they may jump or drop a brick on you :unamused:

the BBC says she jumped and was hit by an HGV - whilst I have sympathy for anyone who gets that low, why the hell canā€™t they just do what they feel necessary without ****ing somebody elseā€™s life up too? :imp:

jj72:
the BBC says she jumped and was hit by an HGV - whilst I have sympathy for anyone who gets that low, why the hell canā€™t they just do what they feel necessary without ****ing somebody elseā€™s life up too? :imp:

Bang on mate

Sympathies too the families involved but being a driver in that situation it would be hard for me personally to get overā€¦

I wonder what would be the best screenwash to use for something like that? I mean shifting bug splat can be hard enough and human splat has to be messier.

I think coffeeholic needs therapy!!LOL
My crews have dealt with 2 suicide bids at the same bridge by J14 M1.One drove into the bridge,when that didnt work,he got out and stood in lane 1,doused himself in petrol and lit it.He died three weeks later.The other just got out of her car on the bridge,and jumped.The poor lady who hit her,in lane three,drove to northampton in complete shock,until police caught her up,because she had been reported because of the way she was driving,just traumatised.
As said earlier,why involve innocent people.
I had a man standing on h/s,waiting for a lorry to walk out in front of to end it all. A man done this on M25,surrey i think,and the lorry swerved to avoid him,collided with a gritter and the gritter driver was killed and the suicidal bloke was even hit.

These people are disgraceful. I have no sympathy for them at all. There are plenty of ways of topping yourself but why involve someone else?

Ruining someone elseā€™s life just because theyā€™ve got problems is not on. I hope it never happens to me or anyone else I know. My sympathies to the driver.

I agree! althought i do have sympathy with anyone who feels that way, and everyone whether they admit to it or not has felt depression to a certain degree!

Not everyone does this, i personally remember the faces of every fatality i have attended, ( and those who didnt have faces).

I will remember them for the rest of my life, and it does make me think who gives them the right to make me feel the way it makes you feel, and remember the things i do for the rest of my life!

There is nothing worse that have someone die at your feet and not be able to do anything about it!

If your gonna do it, do it at home! and dont inflict your death on others! :confused:

Sorry if this post is depressing, dont go jump off a bridge :laughing:

Dont get depressed Firebird ā– ā– ? :confused:

After what coffeeholic wrote Iā€™ll be giggling for the rest of the night, Neil your a sick man. FPMSL :laughing: :laughing:

Oh im not depressed! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you dont laugh you cry so i chose to laugh alot! :laughing: and you guys help lol

As an afterthought

Brings a whole new meanlng to ā€œTraffic jamā€ doesnt it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When these people r about to top themselvesā€¦I donā€™t think their mind set is focused on othersā€¦

Coffee :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reef:
Brings a whole new meanlng to ā€œTraffic jamā€ doesnt it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to the club for sick [zb]'s. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

not a nice way to go jumping in front of a truck :frowning:
but feel sorry for that guy the other year who put his head in the cooker with the gas on. firstly he fell asleep and then a few hours later he woke up :open_mouth:
pee,ed off because his attempt failed he lit up a ā– ā– ā–  and blew his flat and a few other flats up. he then got banged up for arson :laughing:

i also feel sorry for the guy at the garage on the a14 who died on the toilet.
you know the one where the truck came careering onto the forecourt and smashed straight through the shop. :frowning:

dave:

Now thatā€™s the sort of way Iā€™d like to go, it would be a great full stop on life.

The Arson oneā€¦ :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Coffeeholic:

dave:

Now thatā€™s the sort of way Iā€™d like to go, it would be a great full stop on life.

Truly a case of ā€œthe writing being on the wallā€ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and not about Jammy and Scanny :open_mouth: [/i]

The Erskine Bridge (probably like most high River crossings) is/was always a favourite place to jump from. Years ago there was a guy climbed over the parapet threatening to jump. The Police spent hourse negotiating with him on the bridge while the river police waited below in their launch and up above was the Police Helicopter circling. Finally the negotiators managed to convince the guy that there was more to life and that his problems could be sorted, so the guy started to climb back over the parapet. Just as he got onto the top the Helicopter came down for a closer look ā€¦and the downdraft blew the bugger off the bridge and into the water :laughing: :laughing:

A few years ago one of our drivers had a chap walk out in front of him with his head bent down left the dent of his head on the grill.

strangest one i have witnessed was when i had just joined the army, was on duty at the gatehouse bout 5 am when a guy came walking out of the fog, towards us with his arms outstreched before him like he was holding a pistol, and shouting in a strange southern england/ belfast accent that he was going to kil us, end result was him geting knocked out by guard commander and handed over to police. turns out he had argued with his missus so tried to end it all by getting shot at the local barracks :unamused: