M11 J8-9 crash

Another fatal truck crash on the M11 early this morning.A TNT newsfast truck rolled over and i believe the driver was killed.
Again,thoughts go to friends and family,especially the TNT truck that arrived immediately after the crash.Very sad.

BBC look east said the driver was only 33.

Im told its one of our guys from Mendalsham, only found out tonight after havin thursday on a training day. I dont work at that depot but speak to many drivers that do and its another sad day for the industry.
God bless and I feel for his family :cry:
Dave

These guys who want to roll their trucks over…or crash into the centre barrier…or
whatever, doesnt get much sympathy from me…its all down to the driver…and no one else…if everyone drove sensibly…chilled out…most accidents will not happen…if drivers read the road properly…give themselves time…they will save themselves serious injury…of course we cannot expect to react to the idiot who drives into the back/front of you…and drivers injured/killed in this situation…have my sympathy…but everyday a professional driver such as ourselves…could and do avoid accidents at least up to 6 times …every day…braking for the idiot car driver…eassing up for the idiot truck driver who thinks his vehicle is more powerful than everyone elses…only to find they both run out of steam at 56mph…i often wonder why drivers have to tear arse around…at whose profit margin are they affecting…no driver gets paid trip money …ITS ILLEGAL…any form of bonus that encourages drivers to break the law/speed limit/hours ITS ILLEGAL…so i wonder why they do it when its not to their advantage…so when a driver wants to fall asleep at the wheel…and rolls his truck …or causes death to fellow drivers…just remember …it affects us all …

truckyboy:
These guys who want to roll their trucks over…or crash into the centre barrier…or
whatever, doesnt get much sympathy from me…its all down to the driver…and no one else…if everyone drove sensibly…chilled out…most accidents will not happen…if drivers read the road properly…give themselves time…they will save themselves serious injury…of course we cannot expect to react to the idiot who drives into the back/front of you…and drivers injured/killed in this situation…have my sympathy…but everyday a professional driver such as ourselves…could and do avoid accidents at least up to 6 times …every day…braking for the idiot car driver…eassing up for the idiot truck driver who thinks his vehicle is more powerful than everyone elses…only to find they both run out of steam at 56mph…i often wonder why drivers have to tear arse around…at whose profit margin are they affecting…no driver gets paid trip money …ITS ILLEGAL…any form of bonus that encourages drivers to break the law/speed limit/hours ITS ILLEGAL…so i wonder why they do it when its not to their advantage…so when a driver wants to fall asleep at the wheel…and rolls his truck …or causes death to fellow drivers…just remember …it affects us all …

You really are a pretty insensitive fellow arent you :angry:

I dont know the circumstances of this crash,and i know people who were first on scene,so i,and no else without the knowledge of the incident,can say if this driver was to blame,or not.
Everybody makes errors and it is only luck that decides the outcome.

Not really. I think that Truckyboy has hit the nail on the head. Accidents can be avoided in the majority of cases, it’s just to remember to take the chill pill before each shift. It’s no good tear-arseing around, life’s too short and could be a lot shorter if you don’t take care.

truckyboy:

I take it you know all the facts then?
How do you know it was driver error? and even if it was no one on here is 100% perfect mistakes can and do happen i dont care how good a driver you are, but then you are one of the fabled (ex) middle east drivers that never ran for trip money, bent etc etc, i think if i held opinions like you i would be keeping em to myself.
sdj

truckyboy:
These guys who want to roll their trucks over…or crash into the centre barrier…or whatever, doesnt get much sympathy from me…its all down to the driver…and no one else…

I can say with a high degree of certainty that he didn’t WANT to roll his truck or crash into the central reservation and you lack of sympathy does you no credit to say the least. :imp: How can you possibly know that ‘it is all down to him’? I’d advise you to wind your neck in before spouting off, I think that is the least sensitive thing I’ve read on Trucknet to be honest. :angry:

truckyboy:
i often wonder why drivers have to tear arse around…at whose profit margin are they affecting…no driver gets paid trip money …ITS ILLEGAL…any form of bonus that encourages drivers to break the law/speed limit/hours ITS ILLEGAL…so i wonder why they do it when its not to their advantage…

If he is an owner driver he is affecting his own profit margin and also many firms offer incentives to paid drivers, such as a percentage of what the wagon earns etc. That doesn’t make it illegal (others will tell you exactly whats what much better than me).

truckyboy:
so when a driver wants to fall asleep at the wheel…and rolls his truck …or causes death to fellow drivers…just remember …it affects us all …

Do you have any proof that this driver fell asleep? Just imagine if his friends or family are reading your post. Imagine if you’d crashed (obviously not - your perfect :unamused: ) and died and someone was shooting their mouth off about you in an environment where people who cared about you could see it.

Also, thanks for the insightful comment at the end. I really must remember the next time I fall asleep, roll my wagon and kill someone…it affects us all. Cheers for that. :unamused:

Congratulations, truckyboy - worst post I’ve read in a LONG time.

this guy may have some little kiddies at home,think about them,he’s not done this on purpose has he.

truckyboy:
no driver gets paid trip money …

Wrong again. :unamused:

Who was in the right or wrong we do not know. But what we do know is that someone has died and our best wishes and prayers should be with his family.

Ive never read such a load of incentative rubbish before.

If you know anyone out there who wants to roll their trucks over…or crash into the centre barrier…or whatever i sugest that you tell them to seek medical help !!!

my sphyncter (yeah i know sp) muscles are probably the most toned in my whole body the amount of near misses and/or silly mistakes i/others have made is uncountable, the only thing i try as a “professional driver” to do is not make the same mistakes twice. I’ve been lucky as have countless others but it only takes one incident where lady luck was turned the other way to put a full stop on your or someone elses life, yes i know we can improve our odds by being alert aware and ever vigilant but to suggest that you could avoid having an accident/incident for your entire career is just completly ludicrous.

My sympathies and condolences to all affected by yet another tragic incident

truckyboy you get my sympathy too i hope one day humanity and humility become a part of your life also.

kiwipower:
Who was in the right or wrong we do not know. But what we do know is that someone has died and our best wishes and prayers should be with his family.

Ive never read such a load of incentative rubbish before.

If you know anyone out there who wants to roll their trucks over…or crash into the centre barrier…or whatever i sugest that you tell them to seek medical help !!!

You have hit the nail on the head there :wink:

To the insensitive speculaters :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I,m sure no one wants to crash but if your in a convoy of trucks all doing 56mph why not give yourself enough space to react to people in front braking, remember the closer you are to another truck especially box vans, fridges or containers the less you can see. We have all seen it, front truck backs off the gas a bit, second truck has to tap his brake pedal, third truck has to brake a bit sharper and the fourth truck is smoking his tyres and looking for an escape route before hitting the back of truck number three.
I,m one of those annoying drivers who sets cruise control at 52mph, you really do get a different view of things, try it for yourself. I know someone will say it could make the difference between getting home or having a wekend out at Dover but I,m talking about generak UK haulage where you dont drive 10 hours a day but sit for hours waiting to tip or reload.

Truckyboy is one of those drivers who have never had an accident but seen hundreds in his mirrors :stuck_out_tongue:

Writing a load of complete tosh again about how perfect he is. I hope you have written to VOSA about the lack of drivers failing to meet your standards Bob

so if truckboy see,s an accident in his mirror whilst driving along minding his own buisiness is it his fault?

You can always rely on Truckyboy to parade his stupidity on occasions like these.

It’s never happened to him you see, YET!!!.

Therefore accidents are a result of poor driving. when he has a bad bang, I have no doubt, 1 he will not tell us, 2 it was somebody else to blame.

Accidents happen, you cannot see them coming, which is why they happen.

Everybody on this forum wants to avoid them.

So big heads shouting that they are to good a driver for it to happen to them, beware, it can happen to ANYBODY!! you get little if any warning that you are about to die, if we did we would avoid accidents wouldn’t we.

the term “accident” is maybe the wrong one to use so often, If you run into the back of a slowing truck its not an accident, if you skid on a slippery road its not an accident, if you misjudge a bend and roll over or go off the road its not an accident. These are avoidable incidents!
Sure i,ve misjudged distances and had a few bumps in the 27 years I,ve been driving trucks but I,ve never had an accident!

I must say the reaction you guys made astound me…Surely you must agree that the majority of accidents should not happen…in fact they should be called on purposes for the word accident means it could have been avoided…
Neither have i said or given ideas as to what or who contributed to the accident.
So lets answer some of the critics …yes i am nearly perfect …and a credit to this profession…43 years driving…been there …done that …got the T shirt…
NO ENDORSEMENTS…NO ACCIDENTS…SO YES i am saying that if everyone drove their truck like me…in a professional manner…they too could have a trouble free driving history …and a record to be proud of…and it will never happen to me cos i am too careful a driver…but i have to admit that the job takes me a little longer than most drivers…and thats because i value my licence…and my life…
I am not insensitive…if you read the post again i say that i have sympathy for drivers killed by others…those who want to kill themselves…thats fine…but dont involve me or others.
I am an honest person…so should anything happen to me or my vehicle…i will tell it here on trucknet …and i will not put the blame on anyone else…should it be my fault…but Edward Teller…maybe you are suffering a guilt complex.and whos talking stupidity now…I quote your post that accidents are a case of poor driving…of course they are…what else would you blame them on…if its the weather…road surface…adjust your driving accordingly…and never trust a set of tyres in bad weather conditions to get you out of trouble…
Wheel nut…no need for comments like that…but maybe if Vosa upped their standards to mine…then we would have safer roads…and i dont talk tosh …i talk the talk…and walk the walk…cos ive got a record to be proud of...and will keep shouting above the tree tops about how proud i am of that record.. I dont know how many accidents you guys/gals have seen..but nearly all of them are with more than one vehicle so they can be avoided !!..next time your on the motorway ..and see a shunt...have a look ...there are too many trucks versus the car type accidents..they can be avoided..if only someone backs down ...and of course the trucker never wants to back down ...he would rather hit the car ..and often does... Reef..i have avoided accidents..and avoided others who want ton cause me harm in my profession for the past 43 years..and i am not insensitive..only to those who cause accidents..and harm others around them .. Kiwi..i dont know anyone who wants to kill themself..or drive into the central barrier...but why do they do it..if someone shunts them up the backside..maybe just maybe the front vehicle could end up where he doesnt want to go..and thats not his fault..he has my sympathy....but see if you can answer this...why are there so many jacked knife vehicles ■■..no one else involved...but an artic in the central reservation..all on his own..cabs a write off..but all 4 wheels intact. so wasnt a blow out then.. Chris..he may have kiddies..he maybe didnt do it on purpose..but like i say..maybe it could have been avoided..AND WE DONT KNOW THE FACTS.. Lucy..if drivers are on trip money still..more fool them..or maybe it should be called cash in hand..of course that payment method was in use years ago, and i too was a recipient...thats why most drivers who were on trip money will tell you...we worked for next to nothing...for that method of payment is purely for the bosses advantage..and i honestly thought it had been outlawed..sorry.. Hammer did i really say its all down to him..i dont thinki so ..and i will still say that if a company offers a driver a percentage of the trucks earnings..its encouraging him to break the regulations..in many ways..and its a bad way to earn a living..whats up with a good old fashioned basic wage..a bonus for time keeping..or keeping the truck clean etc..companies that offer an incentive to earn the boss bigger profits..aint worth working for... Biggles...i dont know any facts..let alone all of them..but what i will say is this..assumption from the many years on the road has allowed myself to judge various incidents...one of them is the central barrier..how does a driver get on there ■■ nine times out of ten its because of trying to avoid a vehicle in front..swerving i think its called..and ive seen it many times…what causes it…? excessive speed.to the road conditions…driving far too close to the vehicle in front…and i will repeat my earlier comments…that i dont and am not interested in how this TNT truck got stuck on the central reservation…on its side…
PENFOLD…Thank you…
Too fat to fly…i am not insensitive…i have great sympathy for fellow drivers especially those killed by the hand of others…but i will re-iterate…its the driver who collects the keys to that vehicle, its the driver who takes responsibility for the vehicle, the trailer ,and its contents…its the driver who steers that vehicle either into danger…or out of it…no one else controls the brakes…the clutch…the gears…the steering wheel…he can drive into other vehicles if he wishes…he can choose to avoid other vehicles…he can lift his foot off the accelerator if he wishes…or he can keep it there…he cannot control high winds…he cannot avoid others driving across the other side of the road and crashing into him…he cannot avoid a truck wheel and tyre that has fallen off and is heading for him, but he sure as hell can avoid many of the accidents that we see on our road today.

As a footnote…i can take criticism …where its warranted…but i cannot believe some of the comments i have received from this post…so good luck to all of you drivers…next time you see a serious accident…SMILE AND SAY TO YOURSELF…ITS NOT THE DRIVERS FAULT for this is my last posting and visit to TRUCKNET,goodbye…