Lost tachos advice please guys and gals

Hi Folks

I have managed to loose my tacho wallet with charts for last week and the one from the last day of the previous week :blush:

Can anyone tell me what I have to do…other than find them obviously :smiley:

cheers

thecoder0:
Hi Folks

I have managed to loose my tacho wallet with charts for last week and the one from the last day of the previous week :blush:

Can anyone tell me what I have to do…other than find them obviously :smiley:

cheers

go to ur t.m and he will give u a slip to sign to say that u lost them (thats what i did anyway )

Where did you lose them?, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sorry i had a Billy Connelly monent.

I use to “Loose” mine regularly, sometimes all of them, use to get letter off boss saying I just started work there. Think I started in the same job about once a month, when the cards were really bad, like 18 hours driving or so before break.

Hi Folks,

Don’t have a TM self employed maybe i can write myself a note lol :smiley: :smiley:

tell them that you put them in the post :smiley: ,they manage to lose nearly everything else,why not tacho’s.

They are down beside the drivers seat in the last truck you drove last week, they slipped down there after you had completed your tacho and where gathering your stuff together. :wink: :smiley:

df1:
I use to “Loose” mine regularly, sometimes all of them, use to get letter off boss saying I just started work there. Think I started in the same job about once a month, when the cards were really bad, like 18 hours driving or so before break.

Nothing like a true professional is there? I hope that one day you get caught and get the fine you truly deserve. People like you can’t resist running bent so it’ll happen one day. Can’t wait until you start using a smart card.

Best part is that people like you are so incredibly stupid that you can’t even work out that you are no better off for doing it.

The industry can do without people like you and the cowboy you used to work for.

Conor: Its probably a windup to find out who his friends are. :laughing:
Good way of sniffing out the opposition…

thecoder0 : I was once running late in Portugal . In those days the the run from the border ,Villar Formosa, to Lisbon took 8/9 hours. I had a high value load ( Swiss cheese! ) & wanted to park in the customs at Lisbon. I had done 13 hrs driving on the same tacho. Got to the exit to the Lisbon customs in the early hours and there they were. Got me bang to rights. He walked up to the front of the truck then continued down to the back checking the lights. I watched him in my mirror,opened the clock & stuffed the disc down my pants. He came back & demanded the disc. I opened the tacho & to my horror I had forgotton to put one in that day. He said if I don`t find it the fine would run into millions. He gave me 3 last chances. I thought if they take me to jail I would have to eat the disc. He looked at me and said." OK Go! But this is the last time!" I closed the door put her in gear and he shouted.“Stop!! Put a disc in first!!” The beers were on me at the old cantina that night. Good old days :laughing:

Thanks for the replys guys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have spoken to the TM at the company I worked for on Friday and he says he would sort me out with a letter should it become a problem.

I only worked 2 days that week anyway. I think someone nicked it for the Tacho wallet it definately aint in the trucks I was in.

Now I know there are the more suspicious of you out there who may detect a sniff of skulldugery but I do not RUN BENT knowingley and neither would I for my own ends or do it for some haulier or Agency. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Been in the position before though where I have been asked to and have swiftly declined politely of course.

I had a choice that night in Portugal. I could park in the srteets and get gassed & mugged by the locals or I could get mugged by the cops… Friend of mine chose the first option . He parked in a village ,ate in the local cafe, Didnt make it back to the truck.Attacked by a gang of locals, hit on the head & all the dosh lifted. In those days we carried wedge. He was about 30 ex mercenary , 66. Year later he died of a brain tumor… That was Ren’e. RIP. So running bent is not the worst crime in this world if you have to choose between cops & robbers…

Coffeeholic:
They are down beside the drivers seat in the last truck you drove last week, they slipped down there after you had completed your tacho and where gathering your stuff together. :wink: :smiley:

an interesting theory from someone who said that drivers should have no problem looking after fifteen days worth of tacho’s! :smiley:

1. I was a joke. :wink:

2. He lost these before the 15 day ruling came in. :wink: :smiley:

3. Most drivers will be more than capable of looking after their charts, but there will always be a few. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

harry:
I had a choice that night in Portugal. I could park in the srteets and get gassed & mugged by the locals or I could get mugged by the cops… Friend of mine chose the first option . He parked in a village ,ate in the local cafe, Didnt make it back to the truck.Attacked by a gang of locals, hit on the head & all the dosh lifted. In those days we carried wedge. He was about 30 ex mercenary , 66. Year later he died of a brain tumor… That was Ren’e. RIP. So running bent is not the worst crime in this world if you have to choose between cops & robbers…

Yeah when you put it like that “H” its a no brainer mate, mind you makes good reading you should put your exploits in print …sounds a bit more exciting than 2 trips to derby a shift…

Disclaimer…Please note that I realise that some of our friends in this Industry run bent at times for all kinds of reasons and I am not knocking them or condoning them.

My own personal take on it is …That it is up to each person to make the call given the situation…but ultimately a lot of the regs are there for safety reasons although some are there for reasons better known to whoever dreamt them up.

BOTTOM LINE
We are an underpayed under valued part of British Industry trying to scratch a living amongst more and more diatribe coming out of Brusells and our own regulatory departments each year,and on top of that and not wanting to wake Bulldog up, I must say that the number of East europeans is having a massive effect on my workload at the minute which is Why Mr Blair and Johnny two Jags (Shags) can kiss my but when I enter the ballot box Thursday. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul b:

Coffeeholic:

an interesting theory from someone who said that drivers should have no problem looking after fifteen days worth of tacho’s! :smiley:

Now Now chaps no need for the grief :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffee is right I have not reached the level of competence required to look after mi tachos yet :wink: :wink: :wink: Funny thing is I never loose mi timesheet must just be alergic to tacho wallets.

Chill out lads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, Rene was a Belgian lad who lived life to the full. He was O/D ing for a Swiss outfit. He stopped in this village about an hour before Lisbon where all the Porkies stopped to eat.The locals beat him up & took his every last cent. In the early hours of the morning he came into this nightclub in Lisbon with his eyes blacked & jacket all ripped. He asked if I could lend him some cash. I gave him most of what I had on me… I had a beautifull girl sitting with me & had to cancel the contract for that night. I kept enough to get a cab back to the truck. Rene started drinking heavily after that. Vodka…in the mornings! I am talking bottles.As I say a year later he was dead. Used to be a mercenary in Belgian Congo. The joke was with all the foriegn languages round the table we all thought he was a missionary… :laughing: Something got lost in translation; One kills em. The other saves em.

Coffeeholic:

1. I was a joke. :wink:

2. He lost these before the 15 day ruling came in. :wink: :smiley:

3. Most drivers will be more than capable of looking after their charts, but there will always be a few. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

lets hope not, with conors take on things, the prisons will be full and there’ll be hanging every other week! :laughing:

harry:
Conor: Its probably a windup to find out who his friends are. :laughing:
Good way of sniffing out the opposition…

No wind up. Thats why I jacked it all in and am in an eight hour day job now. Couldn’t find an irish operator sticking by the book. dont think one exists. did like cruising by most of the other trucks on the m25 though, in the outside lane, your rite though eventually catches up with you, got flashed by the blue lights there 1 night. well over hours, outside lane at 110 kmph.

paul b. Sorry to hear that. But all my life I have had that problem with AUTHORITY & its too late to change now. No two drivers are the same. But the powers that be want to turn us into cans of beans. In the old days for int work before tachos we used start at 8 in the morning and finish at 2400. Allways on time. But we never did the 16 + 15 hrs work we do today. We would have a good breakfast. about 2 hrs for lunch drive until 1930 ;Another good meal ,then 21.30 give it all you got until 24.00. If you felt like a kip you had one. These days with fridge work . One day you are on day work and then it slides into night work. Just to make some stupid chart look right… I think the Irish have a vallid point. You are supposed to enjoy the job ,not play robots… What a better way of beating the boredom of Uk motorways than sitting in the fast lane. It keeps you awake,for a start… Anyway it used to be good and now its not. Sorry you got a tug.