Looking to return to the road

Hi All
This is my first post on here,looking for a bit of advice/info,
I’m looking to return to life on the road after a 4 year break,but in that time Digi-cards have arrived,not having any experience with them I’m looking for a bit of training on them before getting back behind the wheel.
I contacted Easy HGV for a bit of a refresher training and they said they could teach me how to use the cards but would have to go to Bradford for a 2 day fast track course that would be FTA approved.
Does anyone know of any companies in the Merseyside area that may be able to do the same type of course without me having to spend 2 days in Bradford■■?
Many Thanks in Adavance
Chris :confused:

I had 16 years off driving, i got back into it by doing agency work and the first few times i used my card i usually got another driver to quickly show me the ropes. I soon picked it up and after a few days all was okay and somehow never even got any infringements as far as i knew. I wouldnt bother with going on a course just make sure you are up together with tach regs etc.

A read of this may be useful

online.businesslink.gov.uk/Trans … hicles.pdf

TBH you poss dont really need a course it not much different to using an analog 1 but like baldbloke said just ask ( say you havent really used 1

Or if you really want to do a course contact chevmac on here he is in your area ish

Hey Chris… Im in the same boat mate after a 12 year break, last September i did my first 7 hours CPC training just to get back into things and this 1 day course included digital tachograph operation and drivers eu regulations.....maybe ask about and kill two birds with one stone , im guessing the course is the same across the country if your prepared to pay a oner for your first 7 hours CPC…just an idea for ya.
Best of luck getting back on the road…

I doubt you really need a course as there is very little difference between using a digi and an analogue tacho, in fact a digi is easier. You can download a Digital tachograph Simulator to your PC and play about until you get the hang of it.

Try here as one place to get the simulator.

ctolimited.com/corporatetheorytest/tacho.asp

If you have been off the road for 4 years be aware that the tacho rules changed a little in April 2007 so things you previously did may not be allowed now. Try this for details of the current regulations.

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

there are some good vids on utube too, showing the ops of a digi card. just do a search on utube.

Hi
Thanks to everyone for the advice,all taken on board,thanks