Old new driver

Hi Drivers
I wasn’t sure where to put my first post in TruckNet so I thought that as I’ve got my C+E licence already, but had to let it expire(after passing 45) and not driven for nearly five years I better start back from scratch. I don’t need to take test again according to DVLA, just need to pass a medical and take the 35hrs CPC training/tests.

I’m chuffed that I’ve found this place…lots of info and help which I’m needing. :sunglasses:

N.B I worked as a professional driver for ten years and I really miss the job and the daily challenges…and chatting to other drivers.
Glad to be back…on my way back. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome. I would recommend you find a trainer offering a cpc course covering drivers’ hours and tacho. I would even suggest doing that course twice as there’s a great deal of info and this is the stuff that will hit your wallet if you get it wrong.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the info Pete.
I’ve forgotten so much. The last truck I drove used an analogue tacho…so the idea of using the digi tacho/card and learning all the new rules etc is going to take some time, but I’m sure it will be worth it. If I pass it I can give the trade another twenty years; maybe.

Are you recommending a provider at all?
Thanks
Hilz

You’re just a tiny bit away from my normal catchment!

Search google.co.uk/#q=jaupt+approved+centres

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If you was driving lorries 5 years ago the rules haven’t changed, the main changes to the EU regulations were in 2007 and if my memory serves me correctly the last change was in January 2008, so it should be more a case of brushing up on the regulations rather than learning them from scratch.

Here’s some reading to get you started :smiley:

Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs (Goods vehicles in GB and Europe)

My customer/driver today was getting back into driving, i said the same to him, book on a tachograph course - no point getting taught the law at the roadside by a DVSA inspector. Here is a picture of him ‘trying’ to put the truck on a loading bay, he did really well.

Peter Smythe:
You’re just a tiny bit away from my normal catchment!

Search google.co.uk/#q=jaupt+approved+centres

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s cool! I haven’t come here to date. :laughing:

tachograph:
If you was driving lorries 5 years ago the rules haven’t changed, the main changes to the EU regulations were in 2007 and if my memory serves me correctly the last change was in January 2008, so it should be more a case of brushing up on the regulations rather than learning them from scratch.

Here’s some reading to get you started :smiley:

Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs (Goods vehicles in GB and Europe)

Thanks; that’s plenty of info to be getting on with. :slight_smile:

Tockwith Training:
My customer/driver today was getting back into driving, i said the same to him, book on a tachograph course - no point getting taught the law at the roadside by a DVSA inspector. Here is a picture of him ‘trying’ to put the truck on a loading bay, he did really well.

Nice pic, I could do with some of this practice myself. :sunglasses: