Old driver returning advice needed

Hi people
I’ve ben driving cat c hgv2 since 1987 various vehicles ,skips,curtain side,flat bed,tippers and so on .i stopped driving in 2006 due to my head not being in the right place after a divorce.

I’m also a motorcycle instructor and wanted to fill the odd few days a week with some hgv2 work,ive just sat through a week (35 hours ) of periodic training which i can only say was rubbish and intend to sign on to a few agencies for some work.

can anyone give me any advice regarding agency work ? I’m in the s.wales area.

Ring around local firms first see if you can help them out. Agency if you can’t find anything.

you will need a digital tacho
a driver cpc
and in my case a medical as well
when I look at the cost of all of these I decided not to bother and stay in my current job.
I left driving class 1 in 2009 after getting my current job no night out and home at 6pm every night and no weekend work.
only problem the money isn’t great.

I had my medical a while back and have a digital tacho card ,did my cpc last week as i missed the aquired rights which was September last year . All in I’ve paid out £450 which wasn’t too bad i thought when it can cost you almost £1000 to get an A class bike licence these days.

Try the agencys, if its only the odd days you want that would be your best bet I think.

GOOD :open_mouth: Agency all the way

Thanks guys for the input ,i will give a few agencies tomorrow .

After going through the medical & dcpc are you sure you only want a few odd days work ?

I’m a motorcycle instructor part time so want to fill my time with some hgv2 work as and when,i have to be carefull with rest periods as instructing will be counted as work on my rest days so need to get the ballance right or so I’ve been told ?