Back in the UK

Hi, im comeing back to England after 5 years in Canada and 2 years in Bulgaria, where my house is, ive been a class one driver since 1985, can someone explain the smart cards , and this CPC stuff, do i need to get a smart card or do companies do that, and the cpc stuff looks expensive, also any good companies looking for drivers nights away prefered, thanks , Tony.

Driver CPCS involves 35 hours of training and results in a credit sized card like the driving licence but in blue. This will be required from end sept 14.

Digi card is required for all vehicles using a digi tachograph. It’s your personal card and you fund it yourself.

Is Bulgaria in the EU yet?. If so I would think both cards would be cheaper to acquire there. You could then swap them for UK versions ion returning to these shores.

Cheers
Neilf

Hi Benny, i have a home too in Bulgaria ( Pomorie )…where is yours ? There are a lotb of jobs going at the moment, try agencies, or job centre plus sites, local papers. I was lucky enough to get my CPC through the company i worked for, and it was free to all the drivers and subbies, other than that you will have to fund it yourself, or as suggested, try getting it in BG, but then its hassle, as you will eventually have to exchange your licences via DVLA. The digi card can be obtained via the DVLA, akll forms on their website.
Where are you living at the moment ? maybe someone can direct you with jobs in that area, and personally, i would have stayed in canada…good luck.

Hi Truckyboy, i see your down on the coast, im about in the middle, not far from Gabrovo, so i could get a digital tachograph card and start, the CPC dont need to be done till sept 2014, i would rather work for a company than an agency, and do distance so stay in the truck…
Canada is great in the summer but winter is very hard work, i done Canada and America , you would be supprised at how far down America the snow reaches, and as your paid by the mile the money goes right down in winter, .

bennyb123:
Hi Truckyboy, i see your down on the coast, im about in the middle, not far from Gabrovo, so i could get a digital tachograph card and start, the CPC dont need to be done till sept 2014, i would rather work for a company than an agency, and do distance so stay in the truck…
Canada is great in the summer but winter is very hard work, i done Canada and America , you would be supprised at how far down America the snow reaches, and as your paid by the mile the money goes right down in winter, .

No it doesn’t . Might get a few days here and there when parking can be the best option but generally life carries on as normal . Don’t see my earnings shrivel during the winter months and not many drivers do TBH , 5 years here should be long enough to sort a decent job where miles aren’t the main requirement .

My money don’t drop in winter and I run Western Canada only. It can be hard work, on that we agree, but financially it makes no difference what time of year it is. HTH