Looking for stobart driver on chilled side if possible

hi have few questions for anyone that works for steady eddie’s mob

as see on there site looking for drivers on the chilled side.

anyone that can offer me insite on to what the work entails be appreciated

ady1

cheers jd will pm him

sorry its took a day to get back
the job is very, very easy , the easiest job ive had to be honest, mainly rdc and a collection, some multi drops but there now mainly done by same driver,you get maps , ring other drivers, ask , theyll all help you to get the job done [at least at our depot, other depots have always been helpfull to me whenever ive gone there so assume theyre the same,helpfull].
i.e sun -lea green/collect bernsley
mon- stockton/collect selby
tues- donny /collect worksop
wed- donny/ collect worksop
as you can see there tesco/co-op/morr r.dc so easy to find/ coll ask youll get a map/or i normally youll get a few days learning with regular driver so i normally give new driver my tel number and theyll ring me up and ill sort them with whatever problem theyve got.
so jobs easy, what some dont like is the 24/7 work i.e i do sat-wed ,theres mon -fri,sun-thurs,tues-sat, fri -mon etc, etc
days the start times can be from 1 a.m -10 a.m /nights not 100% sure but think its 10 a.m -1a.m
so next week i could be sat-wed ,1 a,m starts
but there quite good at our place so if you want a set time to start youll get it, but as i always say to the new blokes ,like me ,get your foot under the table for a few months then ask if a vacancy on a set shift,set time comes up can they put you on the list to do it.
money-im not getting in a big debate as its been done a 100,s of times but speaking personally i get 8.10 basic in the week,1.20 p.h meal all +50p ops bonus =9.80 p.h in the week[i start early], more sat /sun
6/700 p.w ,odd night out.
stobarts- well weve all seen the horror stories on here but ive had no problems with them, but in real life [not on here,we all like to play devils advocate :wink: ] im a very,very quite person, just come in ,take what ever job i get and do my best to get it done,
so in summing up,jobs easy,moneys alright,stobarts are alright if you just get you head down and get on with it, hours ,start times can be a killer sometimes but you do get used to it .
best of luck
n.b anything else ask,hope i helped

Cheers ady1 was basicily what wanted know wasn;t sure if the chilled side was store delivary permentently or to distribution center’s.

So annswered that for us like you all i want is be given job get on with it all ask for is comfterable wage to live on and cover me bills/

Shall fill form in got nowt loose all else it more interview practice.

cheers again mate

I got told 2 days ago I’m going on chilled out of Newark for 2 months whilst its quiet…Friday-Tuesday I think they said.

I told them I wont do it…see what happens when I ring up on Sunday for next weeks work :open_mouth:

DS074:
I got told 2 days ago I’m going on chilled out of Newark for 2 months whilst its quiet…Friday-Tuesday I think they said.

I told them I wont do it…see what happens when I ring up on Sunday for next weeks work :open_mouth:

Aren’t you one of those with a van that goes from depot to depot? Can you actually refuse to do it? Perhaps you just love to shoot yourself in the foot?

Steve-o:

DS074:

Aren’t you one of those with a van that goes from depot to depot? Can you actually refuse to do it? Perhaps you just love to shoot yourself in the foot?

Yes I am one of those with a van and I have refused to do it…for the reason I have worked Mon-Fri for 2 years and weekends is when I see my kids, and I’m afraid they are more important to me than a job!

DS074:

Steve-o:

DS074:

Yes I am one of those with a van and I have refused to do it…for the reason I have worked Mon-Fri for 2 years and weekends is when I see my kids, and I’m afraid they are more important to me than a job!

And what does the contract you signed say?

Steve-o:
And what does the contract you signed say?

Nothing…because I never got a contract. Well, not strictly true, I did but I returned it un-signed because I didnt agree to it and havn’t heard anything since.

DS074:

Steve-o:

DS074:

Too right. Weekends should be a choice to work not forced to work!!

DS074:

good for you, they are just trying to bully you!!!

DS074:

Steve-o:

DS074:

i fully understand what your saying ,but if you did do the job on a sat/sun youd still see the kids for most of the day , most of the runs sat/sun youll get a truck straight away[loads of trucks dont go out],collections are earlier , ive got lea green/barnsley this sat/sun , start 4.00 am/finished 12.30p.m.youd have to be really unlucky to get to 12 hrs/never mind 15 hrs.
in the week can be a different kettle of fish, can easily do 15,s.
if you want a really easy time ask for co-op alferton,tip/coll, 5 hrs on a bad day :wink:

I HAVE TOLD THEM IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO WEEKEND WORK AT NEWARK.THEY DID NOT HAVE A PROMBLEM WITH THAT SO THEY HAVE KEPT ME ON MONDAY TO FRIDAY SHIFTS.