Eddie Stobart Trafford Park Casuals

Hi Guys

Ive just been contacted by Eddie Stobart for part time/Casual work out of Trafford Park and being invited for a test drive/interview.
I’m based in Manchester and looking for the odd day here and there and also have holidays left from my full time job to take before Christmas, so this would suit.
Does anybody have any experience with Stobarts in TP or as a casual worker (class 1)? Rates of pay etc. Type of work?
I’m not really looking for nights out etc, just extra cash for Christmas. I don’t mind what sort of work it is doing or what motor i will be driving, although days are better than night work.

Would this be a good option or are there better companies out there looking for Casuals?

Thanks in-advance for any help.

Mark1484

remember, your a casual so no holiday pay sick pay etc, therefore make sure you get more than the regular driver … another cost saving exercise … same as agency but cutting them out saves more money so expect at least £10 an hour as a casual that is if there reg drivers are on say £7.30 ph with the benefits of sick pay holiday pay etc etc.

discoman:
remember, your a casual so no holiday pay sick pay etc, therefore make sure you get more than the regular driver … another cost saving exercise … same as agency but cutting them out saves more money so expect at least £10 an hour as a casual that is if there reg drivers are on say £7.30 ph with the benefits of sick pay holiday pay etc etc.

I can’t highlight but as a casual driver, YOU are still entitled to holiday pay, it’s accrued and is based on your earnings.

I’ve done agency out of Stobart SCA In Trafford Park and it was ok. Usually bog roll or kitchen roll out and then reload on way back. If tramping you’ll obviously take the reload on to its destination.

Common for a day was kitchen roll to Aldi At Newton Abbott, reload out Of Jenkinson In ■■■■■■■ on way back. Nice days work…

waynedl:

discoman:
Common for a day was kitchen roll to Aldi At Newton Abbott, reload out Of Jenkinson In ■■■■■■■ on way back. Nice days work…

maybe Newton aycliffe to lidls Wayne! :grimacing: :grimacing: don’t forget your euros, to sell round the corner! £80 for 33 happy days :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

iam a casual at newark chap, you get holiday, calaculated be some weird way , loonyform , basicly i get the call before agy , i have other things that i do apart from driving , i normaly do 3 days a week , wages get toped up by tax credits , and i seriously couldnt do it 5 -6 days a week

Fatboy slimslow:

waynedl:

discoman:

maybe Newton aycliffe to lidls Wayne! :grimacing: :grimacing: don’t forget your euros, to sell round the corner! £80 for 33 happy days :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

should get more now there is new owners haha, watch the guy with the black boots don’t catch you :stuck_out_tongue:

Fatboy slimslow:

waynedl:

discoman:

Aldi, Lidl, all the same, crappy places where you get a pager, fall asleep for 2hrs, then reverse onto a bay, get a crash course in how to use an electric pump truck, unload yourself, reload your return pallets - obviously before you’ve been told you need an empty trailer for the reload on way back down - and wait an hour and half for your paperwork back.

Stop near the services to unload the pallets that are taking valuable space required for reload, buy breccy at Macadee’s and plod over the A66 :sunglasses:

edit yeah, Newton Aycliffe, not Newton Abbot, that’s a bit further south :laughing:

Stupid phone. :wink:

Aldi, Lidl, all the same, crappy places where you get a pager, fall asleep for 2hrs, then reverse onto a bay, get a crash course in how to use an electric pump truck, unload yourself, reload your return pallets - obviously before you’ve been told you need an empty trailer for the reload on way back down - and wait an hour and half for your paperwork back. … If anyone wants an induction to a lidl or aldi rdc read this :slight_smile:

discoman:
remember, your a casual so no holiday pay sick pay etc

Rubbish. You’re entitled to holiday pay the same as a fulltime employee.

Thanks lads

Ive done the Aldi/Lidl runs before. Thats nice and easy.

Any idea of the hourly rate? Is it weekly or monthly pay?

Are they decent guys to work for as a casual?

Conor:

discoman:
remember, your a casual so no holiday pay sick pay etc

Rubbish. You’re entitled to holiday pay the same as a fulltime employee.

but

I would not expect you to know that conor the about of [zb] you spout limeyphils brother?

mark1484:
Thanks lads

Ive done the Aldi/Lidl runs before. Thats nice and easy.

Any idea of the hourly rate? Is it weekly or monthly pay?

Are they decent guys to work for as a casual?

Can’t say for sure for the casuals, but I’d say it’ll be inline with their normal rates, and fortnightly pay.

Was gonna say Devon way with a reload in ■■■■■■■ from Manchester is a good days work!