Looking an old tandam axel rib side fridge

Hi, all as some may have seen I have restored an old Scania 110, now looking a fridge to go behind it any help much appreciated. thanks

Hi you could check this company out they have lots of old stuff,might be
worth a phone call,you never know they might be able to give you other
contacts if they havent got one.

www.rushgreenmotors.com

I saw an old American 40’ ‘Strick’ trailer the other month, it is a very old ex TIP rental dry freight box from donkeys years ago. It is on a sliding tandem but not a fridge. it has that classic ribbed side look, albeit now corroded to heck.
I remember these trailers when they were new, highly polished aluminium but with Trilex wheels, they looked the Dogs doo-dahs. this one is full of tyres and been parked for years. unfortunately the land it sits on, is going to be used for new housing and may have already gone. i will have a look early next week when I am due to go back there. Might get to take a pic and post it here for you.
Location of the trailer is North Essex by the way, does your trailer have to be a working fridge or just a show trailer? if so, could any old tandem box be cosmetically changed to play the part??

There is an old ribbed alloy fridge in a farm on the road down to the Isle of Grain, or there was the last time I had the misfortune to visit that ■■■■■■■■■■■ it’s just before the bit where they all seem to fall off the road :unamused:

DEANB:
Hi you could check this company out they have lots of old stuff,might be
worth a phone call,you never know they might be able to give you other
contacts if they havent got one.

www.rushgreenmotors.com

wow that place looks an alladins cave for classic trucks. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

There’s probably a ton of what you are looking for over here…trouble is shipping cost on top of purchase :frowning:

thanks for help people!

Got any pics of the lorry yet?

I saw an old Rentco Alloy van in Chester le Street and thought what an ideal project for somebody restoring an old truck. I think everything has a price though

The Strick was scrapped four weeks ago apparently, so thats a no go.

link to photo of the truck :laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ight=derry

just bought a 142 in holland 2 weeks ago also (tho might sell it not sure yet)

armaghcoupe,

i called to a lad in Co.Clare yesterday and had a look at this one…
he won’t sell it tho :frowning: :frowning: he told me he’s keeping it for a future project
he has my details if he has a change of mind

flip flip flip that looks perfect for my job to :smiling_imp:

tho thanks for your time!!

well coupe,
been passing an old fridge trailer,( tandem ribbed side 40’, with Boyd of Garvagh wrote on sides, looks reasonably good considering its age )for the last few years now, just came to me today that it might be what you’re looking for. Its parked in a yard on side of road between New Inn and Kiltullagh, Co. Galway, hard to miss. If you’re interested I’ll try and get a pic and contact info the next time I’m over there…Alsothere was a yard just outside Longford town where there were quiet a few of them, the name of the haulier may come to me.