London street map

Hi

Just wondering what you feel are on the best street maps for london.

I have quite a few phillips county maps which are very good but nothing for london.

Got a start tomorrow delivering around london so am going to have to buy a map, just wondering if u had any recomendations.

Thanks
Joey

I still use an early 1990’s A to Z and it does me proud around london. As luck would have it they tend not to build too many new roads in london, just change the one way priorities every once in a while. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: pda with tom tom navigation :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
thatll set em off lol

i got an AA and a phillips for london o yer and my sat nav…personally i rather london to birmingham dont know why tho :laughing:

I have an old A - Z now that I found in a vehicle I was off hiring, But I also use an A - Z Motorists map, it has the basic road network on it & is not as difficult to navigate by as a result.
It’s not often that I use a map to find an exact location, it’s normally used to get me into an area of a town.

When I was ‘white van man’ in London I found an up to date A-Z essential.

Had a few drops back round London more recently, coming from Norwich and my 1999 A-Z managed to confuse me for one drop, especially cos it was East London and I was mainly doing SW, West and Central when I was living there.

Joey, if you are going to get an A-Z for London… get the Master one that covers right out to the M25 and beyond. Its about £14.99 but worth it. Or if you can find one, a Nicholson’s

theirs only 1 map of london to buy

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI … 02-5091801

and you can get it on amazon

shaun:
i got an AA and a phillips for london o yer and my sat nav…personally i rather london to birmingham dont know why tho :laughing:

I got a mate who loves driving around London. He’s originally from Cornwall (draw from that what you will)!!!

I’ve got a 1990’s A-Z too.

there’s only one map u need,that’s the one showing all the exit’s. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only available hardback though isn’t it?

I’ve given up on anything not spiral bound now

get the knowledge one.

Thats the one taxi drivers use when they are learning.

Its very good.

I used to do multi-drop round London and found Collins street Atlas- M25 London Master to be the best. It’s a good size and it covers everything inner M25. There is nothing worse than getting a drop in Esher and finding your map doesn’t cover it!

theghostofcain:
I used to do multi-drop round London and found Collins street Atlas- M25 London Master to be the best. It’s a good size and it covers everything inner M25. There is nothing worse than getting a drop in Esher and finding your map doesn’t cover it!

It creeps out though, Guarenteed you then get one in Woking and have to get the Surrey book, then after you’ve got that next time you’ll get one that’s just in Hampshire.

Andyroo:

theghostofcain:

It creeps out though, Guarenteed you then get one in Woking and have to get the Surrey book, then after you’ve got that next time you’ll get one that’s just in Hampshire.

Very true! I was fortunate that the company I worked for paid for maps. I should never have given that job up! (and regret not buying more maps when I was there, cos they never ask for them back when you leave).

I use the London maps in the back of the AA Truckers atlas, they are great for following a route and show all the low bridges. The London Master is the best one for finding the exact spot where you want to be, but the A to Z map book helps with house numbers too.
OK, so all three… (I have Tom Tom too)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Still using an old A - Z for those rare occasions I go into the God forsaken place or I’ll ring the Boss, get him to punch it up on the computer and talk me in. Hey, it works for me lol
:open_mouth: :sunglasses: :laughing: :blush:

good choice joey. i use the same maps. over 40 of the things. they have served me very well over the years. 1 small tip though to make your life easier. mark things that are missing such as one-way systems, roundabouts etc. they might seem unimportant but if you are doing multi-drop, they are even more useful after you have added small details. email me if you need any help or you need to find somewhere. i have most of them up to yorkshire :smiley:

If you’ve got a pda download the London A-Z from A-Z maps, I use it a lot, as I’m always loosing or leaving map books behind, so now if I have my phone, I have my A-Z.