Maps

Hi could anyone please tell me which maps they find best to use for the uk.
Thanks

a map of the uk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry couldnt resist… :unamused:

truckers atlas with all the bridge heights in it and its very well layed out with some maps of cities in the back sorry dont know who make it but youll find it in all truckstops for about a tenner :laughing:

tommo:
Thanks

depends on the work you are doing. for some jobs, you could make do with a bridge map & possibly a Phillips Navigator for more detail of if you need to find farms. for general haulage, a bridge map and phillips county maps. don’t like a-z or AA maps personally.

I use the Philips county maps and find them quite good and a bridge map.

knight:
I use the Philips county maps and find them quite good and a bridge map.

ditto. truckers atlas and a collection of philips always sees me right

top tip, mark bridge heights etc on your maps too :wink:

burn the maps and get tom tom :sunglasses:
my phillips atlass are gathering dust in the top locker
jon

philips for great coverage proper A-Z for working cities cos they have decent hatching

Ask RobK he has got all the maps :wink:

TomTom Satnav with low bridge POI on and a Truckers Atlas as backup.

Haven’t used a paper map for years, electronic versions do the job for me.

Truckers atlas,a Collins uk map (decent one with the urban maps in the back ,not the cheap one )and for street maps I use the Phillips ones :wink:

i do multi drop out in the sticks and whilst TT is great, i find the phillips/OS maps are great as they show all the farms etc by name, which is invaluable when you’re navigating in the sticks :wink:

Truckers atlas,a Collins uk map (decent one with the urban maps in the back ,not the cheap one )and for street maps I use the Phillips ones

DITTO :laughing: :laughing:

From another post, I use the pub route planner. Everyone knows where the local pub is and how to get there :stuck_out_tongue:

I also carry a compass, so if the beer tastes like gnats, I head North :smiley:

Thank you all, i will go with the collins maps for now till i can afford the electronic versions :slight_smile:

I know this may sound radical but why not pop into a few services and see what’s on offer and what suits YOU !!!

Because believe it or not everyone on here who has replied to this will have their own likes and dislikes and even though they may opt for the same map it will probably be for different reasons.

Myself, I go for anything with big writing cos at age 55 the peepers are beginning to deteriorate a little and towards the end of a long hard day even the reading glasses don’t cut it if the writing is small. :slight_smile:

tommo:
Thanks

The best one i used for yrs was a collins.The michelin map is also ok, it has the main bridge heights on it
Good luck.

Willy Gofar:
I know this may sound radical but why not pop into a few services and see what’s on offer and what suits YOU !!!

Because believe it or not everyone on here who has replied to this will have their own likes and dislikes and even though they may opt for the same map it will probably be for different reasons.

very true. an example of this being the AA county maps. i think they have too much info which clutters the map. philips give shools, post offices etc which are useful as landmarks. ideal for me personally

phillips all time i use the county ones in the larger size and tomtom 5 on a pda