Maps

Anyone recommend a good drivers map? I like my sat nav when in the car but don’t think i’d trust it when in the lorry!

Cynic-al:
Anyone recommend a good drivers map? I like my sat nav when in the car but don’t think i’d trust it when in the lorry!

This is the one you want.

amazon.co.uk/Truckers-Atlas- … 61-0866709

AA truckers atlas has to be the best.

Is there a parrot on here! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DieselDemon:
Is there a parrot on here! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes
You posted while I was writing mine so I did not see the post. Anyway my map is better :laughing:

I disagree, I have one but it is too big, unwieldy and fussy for everyday use.

A £2.99 paperback map is my suggestion.

Harry Monk:

True but I have never really used it.
I usually use a Tomtom and some common sense.

bubsy06:

Harry Monk:

True but I have never really used it.
I usually use a Tomtom and some common sense.

That sounds like a dangerous combination bubsy. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bought the maps a couple of weeks ago from the same link (thank you!) and they were half price :sunglasses: and also on a free delivery offer, so I was able to update everything at a low cost - fantastic! :smiley:

They are pretty huge, though… :confused:

tomtom with low bridges, ind est, speed cameras and traffic updates!! always check new routes to see if you agree, if you dont add a “travel via” so it directs you on your route

and a truckers atlas (low bridge’s) but that doesn’t get that much use, i did years with maps, no contest.

stevie

i see you can get truckstops and low bridges for free off tomtom home, will download them and install them :slight_smile:

Will buy the map too :laughing:

I really must get round to replacing my 250 section paper fold up map, i need a passanger some times to hold it taught for me. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

I’ve got an AA truckers atlas plus a leather covered one as it’s a bit more ruggid and can take a battering, plus i got me TOOM TOOM.

Dont know why i got 2, but i take it in turns to take each on out so they dont feel left out. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve been trusting satnav all over Europe for 5 years now and I have never got stuck because of it. Sod maps, they belong in the past!

switchlogic:
I’ve been trusting satnav all over Europe for 5 years now and I have never got stuck because of it. Sod maps, they belong in the past!

Not necessarily there’s new roads being built all the time, plus maps don’t crash or refuse to start, maps will always have there place in the cab.

donkey-dog:

switchlogic:

Not necessarily there’s new roads being built all the time, plus maps don’t crash or refuse to start, maps will always have there place in the cab.

Yes but they are prone to spilliages and such. Plus you can update your satnav long before new editions of paper maps come out.

sat navs are prone to spillages too :blush:

Plus noone is going to break in to steal your map! Well, i don’t think so anyway!

I love my sat nav, used it in europe and the 3,300 mile trip I did in the states and it saved me so much time but i’d like to be able to check the route its picked before i set off in the lorry, some of the routes they try to take you on just arn’t right!

Everybody seems to forget that satnav is basically a map.

depends on what type of work you do really.

If your up and down the motorways and main A roads a standard road atlas or truckers atlas will do.

But if you venture further afield into the lanes and byways you need something like the Navigator, expensive at £20 but a lot of farms are marked on it.

I use one of these plus whatever is the cheapest for route planning.

so which is the best map for out the two?

asking which is the best map is like asking which is the best spanner
it all depends on want you need it for

truckers atlas for low bridge diversion
Philips navvy for the rural stuff
A-Z for big citys
Philips county atlas for small towns and countryside

and sat nav when you know where your going