London Cycle Accidents

lorry drivers aren’t always innocent, but more often than not it seems to be cyclists without an ounce of common sense at blame.

The video posted above of the 2 cyclists going down the inside of that tipper truck, despite being told by a fellow cyclists not to, and having probably read in the news about the recent death there really scares me.

I’d never attempt to squeeze down that gap.

Chester taking the daily fail as gospel reporting doesn’t do anything for how intelligent your arguments look.

Just saying like…

F-reds:
Chester taking the daily fail as gospel reporting doesn’t do anything for how intelligent your arguments look.

Just saying like…

Ok then
Pick any newspaper you want who reported on said incident.
The indicator will still be reported as not working :unamused:

Just saying like…

Oh and by the way, I am firmly in the camp of there are good drivers of HGV’s and there are bad. Equally there are good and bad cyclists. Unfortunately when two bad ones meet it inevitably ends up with one squashed cyclist.

As for trucks not being allowed in major cities with the pedestrians and cyclists? I’m sure you would get a lot of support for that on this forum! Not many drivers enjoy delivering in London. I do by the way, but so far I’m lucky I haven’t met a bad cyclist yet, as I certainly am a poorly skilled driver.

I’m case you had forgotten, this is TRUCKNET, so you are likely to find a certain amount of bias on here. Just as I’m sure if you logged onto PEDEALNETUK you would find most people bemoaning the talent of their local brand of lorry drivers.

chester:

F-reds:

Just saying like…

Ok then

Just saying like…

Gasgas already has. But then you read that didn’t you??

Oh wait…

F-reds:

chester:

F-reds:

Just saying like…

Ok then

Just saying like…

Gasgas already has. But then you read that didn’t you??

Oh wait…

Gasgas linked an accident involving Dr Katharine Giles
However I linked an accident involving student Paula Jurek

But then you read that didn’t you??

Oh wait…

Not really. I assumed they were the same incident. You know what they say about that!

Radar19:
Stupid is what stupid does. Cyclists will continue to act like morons, it doesn’t matter how cycle friendly London gets.

“Cycle friendly”?

I’d argue that the media saying that “getting killed on a cycle is OK because it’s all the trucker’s fault” has it’s own part to play in all of this - the “blame inversion” aspect of our daft modern culture.

I’d say “Don’t be green - you’re more likely to die sooner if you are”. But I will be needing a tin hat for that of course. :smiling_imp:

Winseer:

Radar19:
Stupid is what stupid does. Cyclists will continue to act like morons, it doesn’t matter how cycle friendly London gets.

“Cycle friendly”?

I’d argue that the media saying that “getting killed on a cycle is OK because it’s all the trucker’s fault” has it’s own part to play in all of this - the “blame inversion” aspect of our daft modern culture.

I’d say “Don’t be green - you’re more likely to die sooner if you are”. But I will be needing a tin hat for that of course. :smiling_imp:

I’m sure I’ve posted this before but a lot of road users suffer from what I think of as ‘Brittas syndrome’ Anyone watching the later series of the Brittas empire may remember him getting run over on a Zebra crossing. He stepped out knowing there was something coming but knew he was ‘in the right’
Too much of that from everyone IMO

NO ONE IS INNOCENT

I have seem a large number of cyclists being just stupid and arrogant on the roads of London, playing with their lives and the lives of others without respect.

I have seem a large number of lorry drivers, black cabbies and white van drivers being aggressive, driving with no respect for cyclists and pushing their way through the traffic in a dangerous manner. Especially those carrying skips seem to be on a rush all the time.

Also, there is a lot of “I hate London I hate Londoners I hate cyclists” out there.

BOGOF on popcorn at my local garage.

standard.co.uk/news/transpor … 68389.html