Cyclists what a joke

I was down in London waiting at the A11/A12 round about at the light by McDonald’s police was at this junction today some guy comes down the cycle lane not slowing down jumps the red light almost hits a car going down to the A12 :laughing:
What dose the police man do nothing at all errr

Now go back a few miles in to the city of London they city police are always pulling over bikes an giving them tickets for lots of things

Yesterday I watched a cyclist pull up on the o/s of a police minibus which was at the front of a queue of traffic in the outside lane at a set of traffic lights. The police must have had a call and put their blues and twos on, they pulled forward slowly wanting to do a u turn, at the same time the cyclist decided to cycle off as the lights changed. The cyclist proceeded to knock the police wing mirror and then turned around to start shouting at them. The driver proceeded to give him a right shouting at as the cyclist had earphones on so did not hear the sirens and did not have the sense to look around him before setting off.

Was amusing to watch the cyclist turn from being aggressive to sheepish after realising he was in the wrong, hopefully he realises the problem of wearing earphones while cycling.

Incidently the City police had this incident to deal with yesterday (I was caught up in the huge traffic jam) dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ondon.html it always seems to be these trucks or tippers when it comes to serious accidents with cyclists

I’ve got to pay £173 for a drivers awareness course because I knocked one over with my bus last month :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It drives me mad that cyclists don’t have to take any sort of test. It sounds ridiculous at first but many cyclists do not have a clue and it is always the driver who is blamed. It’s a shame that incident happened but people giving the driver abuse, just imagine how he is feeling right now :confused:

Here we go again… :laughing:

(1) There are not enough police
(2) Cyclists cannot be fined, because no one is compelled to carry ID in this country
(3) Many police officers are cyclists themselves - not because they have any “green” ethic, but because they can’t afford to drive as a professional. :sunglasses:

Cyclist karma. :smiley:

Winding cyclists up is fun. In traffic I sit really close to the curb so they can’t get passed.

All agency drivers are cyclists y’know.

trampyjoe:

Only when they are not worshiping Satan and plotting the demise of mankind… :smiling_imp:

trampyjoe:

I’m agency and I hate cyclists. Your theory is false.

Cyclists are one of the most vunerable road users. Professional drivers know this and make allowances… the rest of you just whinge on internet forums.
Classic agency driver thread if ever I read one…

Radar19:

trampyjoe:

Ironically though, it proves my theory, don’t ya think…

I could even go as far as to say I have held up half a mile of traffic on a country lane whilst waiting for a safe place to pass a cyclist…My reasoning being that the 44 ton of tat in my control is not as important as a human life.

Dipper_Dave:
Cyclists are one of the most vunerable road users. Professional drivers know this and make allowances… the rest of you just whinge on internet forums.
Classic agency driver thread if ever I read one…

Can’t hear you up there :wink: I’m not an agency driver and of course I know how vulnerable cyclists are. I also knew this when I was on agency many moons ago. That said, some cyclists really are just ignorant. No matter how professional you are, this can not be helped. All it takes is one cyclist to undertake you.

It’s the ones riding round with headphones on that annoy me,how can you have awareness of your soroundings when you can’t here traffic behind you or sirens from emergency services :confused:

Does my head in when you struggle to get by them on a stretch of road with a cycle path next to it and they don’t use it :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Muppits!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dipper_Dave:

Radar19:

trampyjoe:

Ironically though, it proves my theory, don’t ya think…

Which is what exactly? That you hate agency drivers?

Dipper_Dave:
I could even go as far as to say I have held up half a mile of traffic on a country lane whilst waiting for a safe place to pass a cyclist…My reasoning being that the 44 ton of tat in my control is not as important as a human life.

^^ this

yorkshire terrier:
It’s the ones riding round with headphones on that annoy me,how can you have awareness of your soroundings when you can’t here traffic behind you or sirens from emergency services :confused:

^^ Ohh, and this too… Arsoles