load security

can anyone explain how a driver can be in the wrong when he asks for part of a load to be moved …so it can be made more secure…

he said ( the bloke i asked to move a 3.5 tonne tank )

apperently i shouldn’t have took the job if i cant do it :blush:

its not like Tescos :laughing:

i’ve never had a 500 move so that wont :question:

my 17 year old has got more attitude than you :question:

i do tae kwon do and karate :exclamation:

i thought about it today was i being awkward cos i can be

no the loading was just sloppy for the sake of few centimetres i could have used 4 big securing rings instead of none :angry:

You weren’t in the wrong mate. You are responsible for the security of your load and if this means moving it so that it can be secured, so be it. I would have refused it until it was moved :smiling_imp:

Next time just ask him if he is aware of the Principals of Loading and if he’s not tell him to wind it in until he is!! :angry:

“The Principals of Loading are used to ensure that any load is correctly placed within the vehicles design and capabilities and that it is secured against the forces of acceleration, braking, cornering and bounce.”

Anything less and the driver is a danger to others and unprofessional. Ask him if he wants that tank to drop on his wife/kids/car??

As has been said above, you are responsible for the contents and security of your load. Personally, I think it’d be nice to be soley responsible for the security, but that’s another issue :unamused:.

The forklift driver doesn’t get it in the neck if you drop it on the motorway. It’s down to you :open_mouth:. That’s what the law says, and that’s the way the feds will see it.

I rang my boss the other day about an insecure load (mirrored furniture). Fine mate, it’s down to you if it’s bust on the way back, not the stroppy warehouse staff who won’t load it properly because he can’t be arsed, just drop the box and leave it. Problem solved :wink:.

Their is a continuation to that, but that answers your question I think :wink:.

Liberace:
just drop the box and leave it. Problem solved :wink:.

Does that mean you’ve got 7 years bad luck coming your way?? :confused:

hitch:

thats my queue to reply either " thats good well you wont mind moving my load then " or " does that mean you wont need a forklift ". :angry:

The crane ‘drivers’ (?) at a place I used to load up had all been told that if they climbed onto the back of a lorry to load it and something fell off on the motorway, THEY were responsible. They all refused to get on the back & load, despite me saying (more than 20 times) that it’s the drivers responsibility to secure, or refuse, any load he/she takes out onto the road. They wouldn’t believe me, though :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

hitch:

thats my queue to reply either " thats good well you wont mind moving my load then " or " does that mean you wont need a forklift ". :angry:

My response would have been

“Oh really what style of fighting was it, Because I did Lau Gar Kung Fu for 12 years as well as Kickboxing & Karate in fact I gat through to the UK nationals semi-finals heavyweight division”

“Do ya fancy doing a bit of sparing , well do ya?”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Having said all that I’d need a forklift to get my leg above ankle height nowadays :wink: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:
“…Because I did Lau Gar Kung Fu for 12 years as well as Kickboxing & Karate in fact I gat through to the UK nationals semi-finals heavyweight division”

WOW!! :sunglasses:

north surrey haulage:
Having said all that I’d need a forklift to get my leg above ankle height nowadays :wink: :laughing:

Ahhh, joined the seniors art of ‘Noo-kan-Doo’ !! :laughing: :laughing:

It’s an age thing!! I’ve got a black belt in it, well, it was black. Now it’s gone a bit grey and wrinkly!! :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Too many bacon butties!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

marcustandy:

Liberace:
just drop the box and leave it. Problem solved :wink:.

Does that mean you’ve got 7 years bad luck coming your way?? :confused:

I’ve just had it today :cry: .