load security.

Yesterday I was flagged down by a car coming towards me " careful mate something’s just fell off a truck its in the middle of the road" " cheers mate" I replied ,a few yards further up there’s a section of wrought iron fencing laid square in the middle of the road! So I jumped out so shift it on to the grass verge , I’d just picked it up when I heard “that’s mine mate” I looked up and there’s an artic with a drop sided trailer a the chap just climbing down off of it,so I start taking it to him " I’ve had trouble with these before " he says as he approaches me “they’ve no idea how to f,ing load these trailers” “really” I reply “yeah” came his reply , as I looked at the rest of his load I said " seems you’ve got no f,ing idea how to strap a load either ,what would you of done if it fell through a car windscreen" mmmmm was his answer . just wondered how many others don’t check load security? Mind you hats off to the chap he’d a Norfolk address on the truck and the fencing didn’t fall off until he got to merrilees Leicestershire!

I always lash down my own.

Drift:

Another professional at work… :unamused:

albion1971:

Drift:

Eh? :confused:
Just doing what I am paid to do :wink:

I always make sure my load is secure by shutting the fridge doors before heading out on the road.

Drift:

albion1971:

Drift:

I think he pressed “quote” on the wrong post in his haste to be TruckNet’s most prolific critic of lorry drivers.

Don’t take it personally.

Drift:

albion1971:

Drift:

Exactly, so why do you feel the need to announce it to the world :question:

Funnily enough I’ve been doing a few jobs for a company that begins with C and ends with A and I was convinced I was the only one that put internal straps on the ambient loads on curtain siders.

Anyway picked up a loaded trailer this morning expecting no internals to be in place and I was pleasantly surprised that not only where all all internals on, they where all nice and tight.

Fair play to the previous driver, must have got the memo :wink:

Course still had to check, as anything that is my responsibility gets my absolute attention regardless of how much of a delay this causes as a lost load or VOSA tug will cause a much bigger delay, not to mention a fine for your truly.

Simon:

Drift:

albion1971:

Drift:

Well pardon me :unamused:

Simon:

Not my place to comment really but sure its because this thread is about load security and some will do the bare minimum and hope to get away with it while others will do the maximum as expected of a professional and then drive down the road all relaxed like.

Based on the OP’s post- the ability to load a trailer is irrelevant in comparison to a professional drivers ability to secure it and make it safe for travel.

Are we learning yet, 1/10 for trolling though - could do better…

My post was stating I wouldn’t let anyone else lash down the load on my wagon at least without checking it first so I know its been done safely as in the OP’s post it was implied someone else had lashed the load down.
Granted I should have elaborated more :wink:

But hey its Trucknet, beer and chill :wink:

Pulling reefers if it’s multi temp you can’t check behind the door, I always open it up and check there is a bar over the back.

At co-op the charghand used to seal the trailer/rigid up. The drivers were not expected to open it up to check the load
load. However if you kicked up a stink you could check it I suppose but they would get ■■■■■■ off changing your seal every day on the systems.

If the load wasn’t secured properly and it moved the loader and the charghand got disciplined for it, although that wouldn’t help you if VOSA were involved.

Drift:
Granted I should have elaborated more :wink:

But hey its Trucknet, beer and chill :wink:

:smiley:

I’ve always lived by the rule it’s quicker to secure it then pick it back up it works for me.

Exactly was I was more getting at was who relys on someone else to load a vehicle properly before setting off , even in the bulk tipping job I’ve picked up trailers where the load is front / back heavy or all up one side making tipping the load “interesting” let alone worrying about the guardian’s of all things vehicle and operator safety. :smiley: