Live Events vs Trucking, who's rules?

I’ve been wondering how to phrase this question for a while, and a link earlier asking for simple drivers rules gave me a start:

Weekly rest (after 6 _**daily driving periods**_) A daily rest extended to 45 hours

I know there are exceptions to this basic rule, but what is the definition of a ‘daily driving period’.

I often work silly shifts, including 7.5t driving. Anybody in the rock n’ roll world will understand…

Say, drive 3 hours on a Wednesday. Then work like hell 18 - 24h days until Saturday early morning - with no driving at all. 9 hours rest and drive. Should be legal?

My concern comes with the weekly rest rules, at busy times, I’m lucky to get over 36 hours continuous… but get a day here and there… but often not enough to be considered a full rest (or payback) for over a month at a time.

I know that I am not covered by the occasional mobile worker rules, as I drive to often. Under UK rules, I could technically get away with being in the broadcasting industry, though!

Do I always have to adhere to truck drivers weekly rest rules, or only for the the two weeks around driving a truck, or…■■?

Any help to a confused bystander much appreciated!

im guessing youd have to be withing the weekly drivers rest as your driving a truck,

Weekly rest is to be taken no later than 144 hours (6 x 24 hrs) after the last weekly rest finished.

It doesn’t matter how many “shifts” you can queeze in between these two times providing you comply with the daily rest requirements.

landy12345:
Do I always have to adhere to truck drivers weekly rest rules, or only for the the two weeks around driving a truck, or…■■?

Any help to a confused bystander much appreciated!

In the weeks where you’re driving the 7.5 tonner any time in the fixed week which is 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday, yes you do. And it gets better. If you “work” monday to Saturday, driving on Friday but only do “roadie” stuff on the Saturday then have Sunday off before starting again on Monday, it’d be counted as a reduced weekly rest because all non-driving work still counts in EU drivers hours as “other work”.