January Issue Trucking Mag-Brian Yeardley Diary

Anyone read above article? Have I got wrong or did ‘lead driver’ ‘most respected’ Mark Horner drive for 7 shifts before taking a weekly break?:wink:

Just read it , started week 1400 Sunday may 25 th doesn’t appear to of grabbed a 24 anywhere along the line , books off 11am Saturday 31st for a 45 hr break … I wouldn’t like too say . It doesn’t sound right but then I I could be wrong … ■■?

What do you think is wrong?

I make that 141 hours between weekly rest periods, which I believe is legal.

Might of got it wrong then but always thought weekly rest period came at end of sixth shift. Don’t think you can work seven shifts.

You can do as many shifts as you like as long as you comply with daily rest requirements. I often do 7/8 shifts in a week. The daily rest comes at the end of the 6th day regardless of shifts. What he did was perfectly legal

Beau Nydel:
Anyone read above article? Have I got wrong or did ‘lead driver’ ‘most respected’ Mark Horner drive for 7 shifts before taking a weekly break?:wink:

I’m not sure about that, but there is definitely a suggestion that a daily rest of less than 9 hours was taken at one point. It says he parked up at 2345 one night and left at 0845 the following morning, “after completing a 15-minute vehicle check.” So only 8h45 rest, then.

I am sure Yeardley’s will be oh-so-happy that the journalist who wrote the story chose to word it like that.

Beau Nydel:
Might of got it wrong then but always thought weekly rest period came at end of sixth shift. Don’t think you can work seven shifts.

You’re not the only one, it’s the way the regs are written.

Weekly rest periods
A driver must start a weekly rest period no later than at the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest period.

Many people interpret this as 6 shifts, but it is 6 x 24 periods which is 144 hours.

muckles:
I make that 141 hours between weekly rest periods, which I believe is legal.

correct three hours spare! :grimacing: AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, God made screwdrivers :sunglasses: