Weekend driving/working hours

I think this would be OK but I’d like the low down from those more knowledeable than me please!

My normal working week is Mon to Friday, start 18.45, drive 19.00 - 22.30, o/w 22.30 - 2300, break 23.00 - 00.00, drive 00.00 - 03.30. This is simplified slightly, but for the purpose of this they are accurate enough!
As you can see I don’t get anywhere near extended driving or reduced rest of any kind at all.

I am looking at being in a show on a Saturday which would involve driving there and back, roughly 30 mins each way. There may be a small amount of driving (2-3 minutes at a time, maybe 5 times) during the show, but otherwise it is not work of any kind.

Assuming that I drove on Friday night as above, could I have 5 hours rest (sleep!) then undertake the show including driving there and back between 10.00 and 18.00 on Saturday? My 10 hours extended driving would not be exceeded, and I would still not work again until Monday 18.45. Is there any limit regarding the hours I can work in a 24 hour period. As regards RTD hours, the show has no connection with work other than driving the truck there and back.

An expert opinion would be most welcom; thanks in advance.

Lets take the 24 hour period from start 1845 fri to finish 1845 sat
I think you must show a minimum break of 9 hours in that period for reduced daily rest and as far as I can make out - that would not be the case but I stand to be corrected

PS, I assume that the lorry is over 7.5 tonne :question: :question:

Thought - could you take a 9 hour uninterupted break at the show :question: :question:

Probably would get 9 hours on Sat, but would I need it if I am having 48 hours from then to Monday?

Does it have to be 9 interrupted hours? I can have 5 then 4 later easily.

gardun:
Probably would get 9 hours on Sat, but would I need it if I am having 48 hours from then to Monday?

I think you would but as said, I stand to be corrected - OR SHOT :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

gardun wrote:-

Can’t do 5 and 4 afaik. Can be interupted but must have one of at least 8 hours, i’m pretty sure. But like Rog i stand to be corrected, hopefully not shot!

gardun:

The only split daily now is 3 hours then 9 hours - the 9 cannot be split

Yep 9 hours it is - Rog is correct as usual - just checked GV262!

Smart Mart:
Yep 9 hours it is - Rog is correct as usual - just checked GV262!

Well, maybe on this point but not always correct :exclamation: :exclamation:

As already said by 18:45 on Saturday you will need to have completed no less than 9 consecutive hours of daily rest.

During the 24 hour period from the beginning of the shift (Friday 18:45 to Saturday 18:45) you must have either a daily rest or a reduced daily rest of no less than 9 hours.

Split daily rest doesn’t really come into it as you’re entitled to a reduced daily rest of nine hours anyway.

would it be a digital or analogue tacho in the vehicle■■?

Giblsa:
would it be a digital or analogue tacho in the vehicle■■?

Digi :frowning:

Thanks for the advice guys, it looks like I need to ask another driver to get it to the show, then after my 9 hours are up I can drive again :smiley:

thats what i was going to suggest. it will make life a lot easier if you ever get a tug from vosa.

good luck anyway

ROG:
PS, I assume that the lorry is over 7.5 tonne :question: :question:

Only just last night :laughing: 28.3 tonnes - flying home :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actros 2544 + trailer. Probably is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: