List the 'No Longer In Business Firms'

Thought it might be interesting to have a list of all the Hauliers who are no longer with us due to ever increasing taxes and running costs.
List only those who have gone bust in the last 10 years (current Governments term in office).
Try to post a pic to.
I’ll start with these.
It might make some people aware that the current situation cant last forever or there will be nobody left.

It says ERF not RAF:
Thought it might be interesting to have a list of all the Hauliers who are no longer with us due to ever increasing taxes and running costs.
List only those who have gone bust in the last 10 years (current Governments term in office).
Try to post a pic to.
I’ll start with these.
It might make some people aware that the current situation cant last forever or there will be nobody left.

Jeeze what do you do in your spare time ? pull the wings off flies :open_mouth:

thecoder0:

Yeah ,Why ?

Over 1100 posts on a truck forum ? What do you do in your spare time ? You might find this useful.
lorryspotting.com/

companies go bust due to not being able to screw enough wonka from their customers

whilst paying too much to their lazy drivers
:laughing:

Firms Hitch go bust for many reasons
and if it is because of ““LAZY DRIVERS””
then the employer is a idiot for keeping
such workers in his/her employment
IN todays transport world if you do not have
the right written contract with your customers
which has clauses added to allow for such
increases then how the hell do you survive,
Over here in germany most blue chip firms
have contracts that ensure the costs are covered

brit pete:
Firms Hitch go bust for many reasons
and if it is because of ““LAZY DRIVERS””
then the employer is a idiot for keeping
such workers in his/her employment
IN todays transport world if you do not have
the right written contract with your customers
which has clauses added to allow for such
increases then how the hell do you survive,
Over here in germany most blue chip firms
have contracts that ensure the costs are covered

The Germans have a reputation for doing lots of paperwork.
We have a handshake.

Most haulage businesses go bust because they tie themselves into contracts at a crippling rate with low profit margins. The fuel price goes up they go bust. They deserve to go bust. Pathetic excuse for businessmen.

I’ve never gone bust. I’ve just diversified.

It says ERF not RAF:

thecoder0:

Yeah ,Why ?

Over 1100 posts on a truck forum ? What do you do in your spare time ? You might find this useful.
lorryspotting.com/

A bit touchy aint we …you could also post a how many hedgehogs have been run over by LGV drivers this week eh !

thanks for the link great site :wink:

thecoder0:
…you could also post a how many hedgehogs have been run over by LGV drivers this week eh !

:laughing: :laughing: Got a Fox last night…try to swerve around Hedge-pigs though, never know what those spikes will do to the tyres… :laughing: :laughing:

i was looking at it from the bosses veiwpoint :smiley:

On a serious note , I just thought that a comprehensive list of firms (good/bad) who are no longer here and who made drivers/other staff redundant due to taxation and fuel costs might make a decent attachment to any future emails/letters I know some of you draft and send to MP’s. As for including a pic , a picture paints a thousand words.
I just think that e.g Picture of a Ramage Distribution truck (which is well recognised) with the number of redundancies made, in this case 350 attached to any correspondance to MP’s etc might make them take a bit more notice and realise this is serious, especially when this list contains lots of different transport firms and redundances fall into the 1000s.
I know some firms are not business savy enough to survive but I dont think they should be squeezed out by Government policy !

Not exactly the same topic but
:smiling_imp:

marathon = now now as snickers :smiley:

opal fruits = now know as starburst :laughing:

Macka Packa:
opal fruits = now know as starburst :laughing:

I thought I heard that Opal Fruits made a 12 week comback?

It says ERF not RAF:
On a serious note , I just thought that a comprehensive list of firms (good/bad) who are no longer here and who made drivers/other staff redundant due to taxation and fuel costs might make a decent attachment to any future emails/letters I know some of you draft and send to MP’s. As for including a pic , a picture paints a thousand words.
I just think that e.g Picture of a Ramage Distribution truck (which is well recognised) with the number of redundancies made, in this case 350 attached to any correspondance to MP’s etc might make them take a bit more notice and realise this is serious, especially when this list contains lots of different transport firms and redundances fall into the 1000s.
I know some firms are not business savy enough to survive but I dont think they should be squeezed out by Government policy !

I can see what you are saying but there have been a lot of hauliers have just called it a day for many other reasons, and the companies have been transferred into other household names. Look at the sudden growth of Turners, Keedwell, Fowler Welch and DHL

Wheel Nut:

It says ERF not RAF:

I can see what you are saying but there have been a lot of hauliers have just called it a day for many other reasons, and the companies have been transferred into other household names. Look at the sudden growth of Turners, Keedwell, Fowler Welch and DHL

Spot on again Wheelnut,

The work never goes away, it gets re-distributed to those who want it, normally at their “rate”, so, they are happier to shift it at enhanced rates IMHO :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

ANY haulier who bales out a customer, who has had their original haulier go bust / jack it in / drop dead, MUST do the work at their rate, NOT the customers.

After all, you are there to help, at a price :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:

Wheel Nut:

It says ERF not RAF:

Spot on again Wheelnut,

The work never goes away, it gets re-distributed to those who want it, normally at their “rate”, so, they are happier to shift it at enhanced rates IMHO :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

ANY haulier who bales out a customer, who has had their original haulier go bust / jack it in / drop dead, MUST do the work at their rate, NOT the customers.

After all, you are there to help, at a price :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I forgot one which has been important for a lot of years.
Glyn Davis has built up and sold his companies to the big players. I wonder where he will go next.

No doubt in this picture list of defunct hauliers, people would include Russell Davies, Securicor Omega. TCS and Hanbury Davies. All thriving and expanding within the DHL and Wincanton camps.