licence checks

Does anyone know of a database program that will alert you when a drivers licence will expire and also when it was last checked by a company.

Currently i have photocopies of all my drivers licences that I check periodically. However if a licence expires before the next check and neither myself or the driver knows it could land us both in hot water,

I ask this because this almost happened to me last year, My driver never received his renewal medical papers and forgot all about it himself.

thanks

Dave

legal:
Does anyone know of a database program that will alert you when a drivers licence will expire and also when it was last checked by a company.

Currently i have photocopies of all my drivers licences that I check periodically. However if a licence expires before the next check and neither myself or the driver knows it could land us both in hot water,

I ask this because this almost happened to me last year, My driver never received his renewal medical papers and forgot all about it himself.

thanks

Dave

The best way is to physically check the licence periodically, 3 months seems to be the norm, how would you know if a driver had lost his brief through totting up SP or DR, DD

Don’t know of any specific computer programs that can keep a check (maybe someone knows different). All I would suggest is setting up a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel and inserting details in that. Driver name, Class of licence, Driver number, Expiry date etc. Then you can keep tabs on thing from there. How many drivers do you have■■?

Malc,

I currently do this, last year i noticed one of my drivers was 2 months away from expiry, and i did make him aware at the time and he obviously must of forgot, however so did i and with 132 drivers to manage (and quite an aging workforce) im worried that this could happen again.

My computer skills ain’t the best (old school pen and paper) but i have seen a database that allows you o check on this and it flags up problems such at a lapse in a licence.

Can anyone help ?

The search is over.

Found a program that does the lot it even allows you to scan the licence directly into the computer giving full detail (no more scrumpled photocopies) and at £30 it wasn’t even worth me dusting off my keyboard. it even keeps track of the digicard and photo expiry date.
Thanks to all for the help.

You could put the information in to microsoft outlook calender, it has an function that you can set to give you a reminder at a set time before the licence expires You’ve probably already got a version of this on your computer. Other operating systems will have there own calenders that do similar things even my phone has one.
Cheap and simple solution.