Driver licence checks

Evening guys/gals. I’m just wondering what practice each of you fleet operators use to check a drivers licence and also how often you run the checks? I’ve heard that some other companies with say 50+ drivers use an outside agent to conduct the checks during say a 3 year period in which of any driver gets points/fine etc the company are notified immediately.

With me only being a small outfit I’m thinking that just a quick check on the Dvla website should provide me with the info needed to conduct the checks. Lad I had driving for me still has he counterpart of his licence but as these are now irrelevant I would like to conduct a check to make sure everything is as it was when I last took a copy of both parts of his licence.

Thanks
Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some firms check the every 12 months, my company check every 6 months. also take photo copies of them.

Six months would be a sensible time, and keep a dated record of it . All helps if you get an inspection for any reason.

Ours are every 3 months, we also sign a declaration (including current address) about any accidents or offences we may have had in any other vehicle, including our own cars.
At the same time our digicard and dcpc cards are photocopied and that copy kept together with the DVLA print out.