LGV Training price?

Seems like one company needs to state if it’s a 3 day course or 5 day … I would imagine its a 5 day course for 2 people in cab or a 3 day course for 1 in the cab.

Shame they do not say it though… if a novice asked they would probably rip them of … And put 2 in the cab for 3 days and charge £999 each ■■

Three or Five day LGV training course with DSA experienced instructors followed by a test on the Third or Fifth day. Please note this price is for a LGV C & E (Artic) Training course.

For Only £999
Plus VAT + Test Fee

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Seems like one company needs to state if it’s a 3 day course or 5 day … I would imagine its a 5 day course for 2 people in cab or a 3 day course for 1 in the cab.

Shame they do not say it though… if a novice asked they would probably rip them of … And put 2 in the cab for 3 days and charge £999 each ■■

Three or Five day LGV training course with DSA experienced instructors followed by a test on the Third or Fifth day. Please note this price is for a LGV C & E (Artic) Training course.

For Only £999
Plus VAT + Test Fee

To be honest I don’t think it matters 3 or 5 days- the point would be how many hours training?? - looks to me like 20 hours which works out at £50 per hour + added ons

May just be me but if that is the case it would appear VERY EXPENSIVE- I stand to be corrected :smiley: :smiley:

I know the company - very well - and it is £999 for 1 to 1 ALL DAY for 3 days OR 2 to 1 ALL DAY for 5 days - behind the wheel driving is supposed to be the same for both :open_mouth:

chevmac:
I don’t think it matters 3 or 5 days

I beg to differ - 3 days of 1 to 1 ALL DAY training where the trainee is supposed to have the same amount of behind the wheel hours (so basically doubling the daily driving time) whilst learning is virtually impossible as the trainee cannot concentrate for that amount of time - they are worn out by early afternoon.
Those on 1 to 1 ALL DAY for 3 days end up getting short shrift as the most they can do is about two thirds of what they would have had behind the wheel on a 5 day 2 to 1 all day course

ROG:
I know the company - very well - and it is £999 for 1 to 1 ALL DAY for 3 days OR 2 to 1 ALL DAY for 5 days - behind the wheel driving is supposed to be the same for both :open_mouth:

chevmac:
I don’t think it matters 3 or 5 days

I beg to differ - 3 days of 1 to 1 ALL DAY training where the trainee is supposed to have the same amount of behind the wheel hours (so basically doubling the daily driving time) whilst learning is virtually impossible as the trainee cannot concentrate for that amount of time - they are worn out by early afternoon.
Those on 1 to 1 ALL DAY for 3 days end up getting short shrift as the most they can do is about two thirds of what they would have had behind the wheel on a 5 day 2 to 1 all day course

Rog please read my reply- I’m not doing the 1-1, 2-1 thing again. I have made my feelings clear on training 1 person all day in posts before and that is why I DON’T DO IT
My point was the cost- pure and simple

You should appreciate that as you seem keen to give away all the cheap prices- so let’s do the not so cheap ones :smiley: :smiley:

£1,000 divided by the number of actual behind the wheel hours I reckon would work out to approx £60 per hour - If on the total time then approx £50 per hour
Works out about £70 per hour for the 3 day 1 to 1 all day course for the reasons I gave in the last post

If £999 for a 20 hour course including vat and test fee sounds pretty good to me, we work about the same. It’s shame that many companies have cut the cost right back because for providing a professional service we should be charging twice what car driving lesson cost not nearly the same cost! It’s not cheap running an artic, just put £400 in my Volvo c+e today, that will only last for one and a bit artic courses, we use about £80 to £90 per trainee per day, one-to-one all day!! The instructor costs £100 per day, that’s what we pay and the truck cost £25,000 to buy and paint. Just the fuel and wages cost me £180 per day.

By the way my chap training this Monday to wednesday on c+e has been starting at 8.30 and finishing at 4pm. I think it’s poor that instructors insist this doesn’t work, we have being doing this way since 1971. Half days may suit individuals only used to driving to the supermarket but are not economic for the company drivers we mainly service. My driver is from a large company and drives a class 2 all day so driving for just 7 hours is an easy day!

Tockwith Training:
chap training this Monday to wednesday on c+e has been starting at 8.30 and finishing at 4pm. I think it’s poor that instructors insist this doesn’t work

I never had any probs on a CE 1 to 1 all-day course, only C

Tockwith Training:
If £999 for a 20 hour course including vat and test fee sounds pretty good to me, we work about the same.

I think it’s poor that instructors insist this doesn’t work, we have being doing this way since 1971. Half days may suit individuals only used to driving to the supermarket but are not economic for the company drivers we mainly service. My driver is from a large company and drives a class 2 all day so driving for just 7 hours is an easy day!

The original post said £999 +VAT and TEST fee which work out at £50 per hour ± not quite the same as all inclusive.

As for the trainee driving all day- the average cat C candidate finds it very very difficult to concentrate for a full day-especially to test standard. Thats not an instructors poor opinion its based on 14 years in the job- seeing people make stupid mistakes after about 5/6 hours training because they are knackered :smiley: :smiley:

Tockwith Training:
If £999 for a 20 hour course including vat and test fee sounds pretty good to me, we work about the same. It’s shame that many companies have cut the cost right back because for providing a professional service we should be charging twice what car driving lesson cost not nearly the same cost! It’s not cheap running an artic, just put £400 in my Volvo c+e today, that will only last for one and a bit artic courses, we use about £80 to £90 per trainee per day, one-to-one all day!! The instructor costs £100 per day, that’s what we pay and the truck cost £25,000 to buy and paint. Just the fuel and wages cost me £180 per day.

By the way my chap training this Monday to wednesday on c+e has been starting at 8.30 and finishing at 4pm. I think it’s poor that instructors insist this doesn’t work, we have being doing this way since 1971. Half days may suit individuals only used to driving to the supermarket but are not economic for the company drivers we mainly service. My driver is from a large company and drives a class 2 all day so driving for just 7 hours is an easy day!

:smiling_imp: Here we go again :unamused: (sorry is there a smilie for a yawn)

I paid £655 for 12 hours including test on c+e, failed through my own stupidity and then paid £295 for retest. that was one of the cheapest I’d seen and it was 1 to 1.