LGV Driver Training course

Evening all,

I have recently completed Cpc module 1 and 2, so ready to take on the training. I have phoned my local lgv training centre Lgs training in Frome Somereset and they have offered me a course where it will be 2 candidates to 1 trainer on a 5 day course with the test on the 5th day. My question is will this just be beneficial to them or shall I opt for a 3 day intensive 1 to 1 session.

Many thanks

Sensible question to which there is no sensible answer. Every trainer has their own take on this and operates accordingly. Some former candidates will have compelling arguments for each method.

It’s really totally up to you and what you think you’ll be most comfortable with.

Just out of interest, my reasoning for 1:1 is that it avoids all risk of being paired up with a numpty, someone with personal hygiene issues, or simply someone you don’t get on with. Then add the fact that most cabs are a bit small for 3 larger people which it may have to accommodate. For me, it’s 1:1 every time and has been for the last 40+ years.

But others will argue just as strongly against 1:1. Like I said, it’s simply up to your personal choice.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I will second 1-1

Wait for Rog now, lol!!!

Paul :smiley:

Thanks for the swift response, I would ideally like 1 to 1 however they have agreed for for the first day that it would be 1 to 1 and there after pared with someone else! They seem to think it is the more popular option as You would be able to Learn any mistakes by the other candidate.

As they aren’t able to accommodate me in a 1 to 1 that week I’m restricted in changing my annual leave from my current job I think I will go ahead as I have a lgv job lined up!

They have quoted my £1195 including dsa test inclusive of vat does this seem like good value?

Thanks

£20 cheaper than me but dearer than some. Overall, probably good value as long as the training is good and vehicle is sound and they have good facilities (reverse area etc).

Under the circumstances, and subject to the above, I suggest you go for it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If they are charging you £1200 and the other guy £1200 that’s a good screw for them,as Pete says above he charges around that but on a 1:1 basis I know which id choose as a leaner wanting to pass.

I have done both 1=1 & 2-1 training

The 1-1 was full days it can be hard concentrating for that long tbh but I didn’t mind as we did have regular breaks

The 2=1 was a bit easies at times but yep you can learn form the other person mistakes as long as it can be construcrive it allows you break from driving not always a bad thing

know when you pass you wil be out on your own & things will be very different

elmet training:
I will second 1-1

Wait for Rog now, lol!!!

Paul :smiley:

This member is currently doing both 1 to 1 and 2 to 1 on the same course = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=129042