LGV / PCV / PSV Tests Litterature

I’m after the PSV / PCV book and cd for the theory and hazard perception test. I know this is a truck forum but I’m a long-time member and, er, can’t find the bus equivilent :smiley: :smiley:

I have the following options on Amazon

The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception

amazon.co.uk/Official-DSA-Gu … 38&sr=8-12

The Official DSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles 2008/09 Edition [Illustrated] (Paperback)

amazon.co.uk/Official-Theory … 38&sr=8-11

The Official DSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles CD-ROM

amazon.co.uk/Official-Theory … 38&sr=8-14

The Official DSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles (CD-ROM)

amazon.co.uk/Official-Theory … 38&sr=8-15

Either way I’ve reached the stage of Trainee Bus Driver (today), have my provisional for Bus already from when I tried for my Class C last time (and failed that!) but need to retake my theory.

All advice appreciated :wink: I’m sure you know that already! But I’d like to get these books as soon as possible to start reading up on them! :smiley:

Give J Coates a call they will give you a starter pack that includes all the books you need along with the training material for the new drivers cpc that you will have to take

0800 2797944

is there a coach version? i remember when i did my HGV theory the book i used covered both HGV and PSV and simply told you which ones did not apply to one category or the other. i cant imagine them releasing a package that is so similiar anyway :confused:

the HPT is the same for everything
The theory book of questions has sections for either LGV or PCV and those specific questions are marked with B for PCV and L for LGV

Don’t forget to get and read the latest copy of the Highway Code :exclamation:
Or read it online - HERE

So the latter two links would be relevant then?!

Thanks Rog :wink:

I’ve passed the interview stage with Travel West Midlands and moving onto the next level. At the moment I’m a Trainee Bus Driver.

I had considered strongly the LGV but a friend who is C+E and has 5 years experience can’t even get a job at the moment, so what hope have I with £1500 down and no experience? At least this option gets me trained on D with a job and a licence at the end.

Thanks for your comments :wink:

I hope you ticked D and C when you applied for the provisional so the medical covers both

The bus company looked at my drivers licence and informed ME that I had the provisional… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yes. I have A from 1993 and C D GH from 2003 provisionals :smiley: Expires in 2020 :wink:

Some HPT links for you :slight_smile:

HAZARDS & THE DSA HPT TEST - VIDEOS
HPT1 HPT2HPT3HPT4