Learning the theory part

hi all im new on here and i have just made the decision to sit my hgv training, what theory material do i need, do i need the theory books as well as the cd roms etc or is the book alone enough or cd vice versa?

Hi have a copy of the book and cd rom ,the cd rom is best cos u can practise the questions and answers just like the proper thing :smiley:

Make sure you use both, the book contains all the questions and the answers and the Hazard Perception DVD shows you how to do that part of the test.

Go to the FAQ’s and have a read of the “Idiot’s Guide”.

Best of luck.

My son got the theory cd rom cheap from here
amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin … 66-7514200
and book here from £8.00
amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin … 66-7514200

browseforbooks is excellant for the book & cd rom

david

I think it depends on how you tend to perform under that sort of test. I’m lucky in that I tend to do well just reading from books, so I just got the book of questions. Of course, I did mine before the HPT was brought in; it’s probably a good idea to get the CDROM for that.

IMHO, 60% is common sense and basic physics (e.g. “when fully loaded, does your vehicle stop more quickly or more slowly?”), 20% is basic highway code stuff that every driver (of all vehicles) ought to know, leaving only about 20% that you actually have to learn.

thanks guys, so is it beneficial to have the dsa theory test book and the dsa theory test cd rom, im led to believe that ill need the hazard perception and the dsa’s guide to driving large vehicles or does anyone have any other suggestions as to other books/dvds/cds etc