LGV & PCV PASS RATES 07/08

This is also posted in the FAQs Forum.

PLEASE NOTE: -
Pass rates do not state the exact catagory of vehicle tested (C, CE etc) or what test each candidate was taking (1st, 2nd etc).

LGV PASS RATES FOR 07/08

PCV PASS RATES FOR 07/08

Seems an uncanny resemblence to the B test stats.

Do they give the overall average Rog?

chippy:
Seems an uncanny resemblence to the B test stats.

Do they give the overall average Rog?

Last line: Average pass rate 46.3%

O7/08would be 50%?

Thanks Allikat.

The 46% is about in line with the B test.

The last year being better by about 4% wow

Shame there is not a break down of category. Wonder why there isn’t? nudge nudge :wink: :wink:

I would like to see 3 things -

1 - A catagory breakdown
2 - How many passed 1st or 2nd time etc
3 - What training school

There has been talk of what instructor but it can happen that a trainee has more than one for various reasons or the instructor that brought them for test is not the same one that did most of their training so, IMO, that would not work.

ADD - and number 4 - individual examiner pass rates :slight_smile:

Well Rog as we have discussed, the figures are fairly meaningless. If results by training school were to be published we would be able to put to rest some of the myth’s of pass rates.

At the end of the day if the trainee is prepared for test and doesn’t do anything wrong, then he/she will pass. On the occasions that I have listened to de-brief, any points of failure have been entirely the trainees fault and they freely admit it ‘usually’.

There are definately test centres/routes that give more oportunity to ‘■■■■ up’, and some examiners whose opinions of some circumstances vary, but that is geography and human nature, and its hard if a trainee is at one of those test centres.

However in the end anyone who is good enough will pass eventually, and any extra money required is short term pain for long term gain imho.

IMHP.Examiners have targets like so many others,so lots of reasonably competent drivers are being kept off of our roads and out of the industry.

I now understand why my training school fell out with Patrick Green in Leeds, and moved their candidates tests to Steeton, another case of the Double Standards Agency?

I knew I should of asked for Wrexham instead of Simonswood :unamused:
Why is there such a discrepency in what should be a U.K standard driving test? :question: :question: :question: It can’t be all down to the instructor because test centres geographically close to each other have wildly different pass rates :question: :question:

A more detailed breakdown would be handy.

In my limited experience, both learners I have been with recently, failed their first tests due to nerves, which is understandable. They appeared to me to actually be more competant drivers than me! :slight_smile: :exclamation: :slight_smile:

I heard one of them failed the 2nd time clipping a kerb near the caravan place off the A6 in Leicester, it’s a tough bend but driven slowly is no problems, so nerves again? We both went round that route at least twice the day before and none of us clipped the kerb…

Anyway, to cut the waffle, they were ready for their tests in my opinion, just nerves let them down, it would be unfair to use those fails as marks against a driving school surely. :question:

There ought to be a place for the examiner to mark on the test sheet - FAILED DUE TO NERVES :exclamation:

How many candidates for test realize that they are being examined by a person who is in a lot of cases not licenced to drive the vehicle and has never been a bus or lorry driver them-selves. I think the situation is so mad that only the British could come up with it!!

alamcculloch:
How many candidates for test realize that they are being examined by a person who is in a lot of cases not licenced to drive the vehicle

That used to be the case many years ago but these days an examiner must have the licence for the vehicle in which they are testing.

A lot of examiners just went to Cardington did the test and got the licence but have never done a days work out there in a truck.

Smart Mart:
At the end of the day if the trainee is prepared for test and doesn’t do anything wrong, then he/she will pass. On the occasions that I have listened to de-brief, any points of failure have been entirely the trainees fault and they freely admit it ‘usually’.

There are definately test centres/routes that give more oportunity to ‘■■■■ up’, and some examiners whose opinions of some circumstances vary, but that is geography and human nature, and its hard if a trainee is at one of those test centres.

I went with L&T in Pontefract but all 5 test were held at Wetherby (Walton!) anyway, this journey took 1 hour and when I asked why don’t we take the test at a more ‘local’ test centre I was told that more people pass at Walton than anywhere else that they could use. Ummmmmmm, not in my case.
My problem was nerves and not instruction. BTW I passed on a Saturday.

ROG:
There ought to be a place for the examiner to mark on the test sheet - FAILED DUE TO NERVES :exclamation:

In the distant far galaxy that the DSA inhabit. There is no such thing

ROG:

alamcculloch:
How many candidates for test realize that they are being examined by a person who is in a lot of cases not licenced to drive the vehicle

That used to be the case many years ago but these days an examiner must have the licence for the vehicle in which they are testing.

A lot of examiners just went to Cardington did the test and got the licence but have never done a days work out there in a truck.

And their brain was removed

chippy:

ROG:

In the distant far galaxy that the DSA inhabit. There is no such thing

Don’t spoil my daydream :laughing: :laughing:

Potential trainees should realize that they only have a 50 % chance of passing their vocational test then almost no chance of a job at the end of it. I think that it is only fair to let people know the score before they part with £ 2000 or possibly more ,its all right if its not their own money E.G. company paying for it or the Army. As for the myth of the driver shortage think loch ness monster tooth fairy santa clause.etc.Dont want to dash anyones hopes but am talking from experience something that you need 2 years of.

ROG:

alamcculloch:

Rog (mmtm) there is an examiner at Steeton still testing on “warrant” !

alamcculloch:
IMHP.Examiners have targets like so many others,so lots of reasonably competent drivers are being kept off of our roads and out of the industry.

And you have proof of that? No of course you don’t because its an urban myth… :angry: