LGV medical requirements

:question: I have had my LGV cat C for 15 years, which has had little use. I am now about to train for my C+E and was wondering if I needed a medical prior to my training? My current liceince has provisional for the C+E, so am I also exempt the theory test too? Thank You. PS is there a theory test at all?

No need for another medical until you’re 45. You won’t need to do the theory either.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome K100rider :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

mrpj:
No need for another medical until you’re 45. You won’t need to do the theory either.

The C and C+E medicals are one and the same so provided you are under 45 or have kept up to date with your C medical requirement then you will not need any medical for C+E and, as mrpj has correctly pointed out, no theory either :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

K100rider:
:?: I have had my LGV cat C for 15 years, which has had little use. I am now about to train for my C+E and was wondering if I needed a medical prior to my training? My current liceince has provisional for the C+E, so am I also exempt the theory test too? Thank You. PS is there a theory test at all?

Welcome to TruckNet K100rider.

You’ve got me curious, if you’ve hardly used your cat C in 15 years why would you be going for cat C+E ?

LOL Wheel Nut that is a great joke pic love it :smiley: