Do I need?

Hi folks,
Not sure if I am posting in the correct place but here we go.

I have taken the decision to go for my LGV licence, I am 41 and currently working in a well paid office job, but I really do love driving and would like to do so again.

I say again because I was a bus driver back in 2004 till 2006 where Passed my Medical, Theory and Practical all 1st time.

So I am here because I have contacted a training school today who have said the 1st port of call is a Medical which can be done this week, but it occurred to me that I have already passed a medical and Theory/Hazard perception albeit many years ago. Does this not include LGV there is no provisional on my licence so I am assuming I need to start a fresh.

It might be worth checking if you in fact have provisional C. You would probably need to view your licence online to check or phone DVLA.

There are specific theory tests for LGV.

You’d be starting from scratch essentially, you’ll have to redo a medical and do the HGV theory and hazard perception tests. Then obviously your class 2 and class 1 practical tests depending on how far you want to go. You’d also need to do your initial cpc or 35 hours in a classroom perfecting the art of sleeping with your eyes open. If you have your heart set on it then crack on but just make sure you know what to expect once you pass.

I love driving too

I just cant stand the other planks who I have to share the road with !

If your still under 45 im certain the medical still covers you but you will need to do the cpc and check you have a provisional cat c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
If your still under 45 im certain the medical still covers you but you will need to do the cpc and check you have a provisional cat c

D4 medical only covers what categories full or provisional you currently have on your licence so if you did not tick C when you went for D then you will need another D4 medical