Let the strikes begin

Paying drivers £5/hr more in a depot 40 miles away? What the ■■■■ do they expect■■?

“Drivers and engineers at Hanson have rejected a pay offer of 2.5% for this year, which union leaders said amounted to a “hefty pay cut”, with the retail price index measure of inflation running at 3.9%”.

2.5% is taking the ■■■■ a bit.

Someone else in another depot got a different deal? Let’s collapse in a heap, pointing and crying.

I think the time to go for big wage rises is NOW the gov is shoveling cash out to all who come ,I have thought for years we are a rich country but gov pleaded poverty so as to kid the slaves we had nothing :smiling_imp:

There will never be a better time than now to get a better deal. If you don’t like how you are being treated, simply leave for a better job.

Do me a favour though, if you are a weak type who is terrified of moving jobs, don’t come on here in the future crying your eyes out. There are plenty of us who have voted with their feet (in addition to the EE’s who have left) who have helped change come about.

So if you have some backbone I for one applaud you, but for those who snivel along quietly taking all the goodies that come along, I have nothing but contempt for you…

eagerbeaver:
There will never be a better time than now to get a better deal. If you don’t like how you are being treated, simply leave for a better job.

Do me a favour though, if you are a weak type who is terrified of moving jobs, don’t come on here in the future crying your eyes out. There are plenty of us who have voted with their feet (in addition to the EE’s who have left) who have helped change come about.

So if you have some backbone I for one applaud you, but for those who snivel along quietly taking all the goodies that come along, I have nothing but contempt for you…

I can relate to this because I just left a job for for a big pay increase but there are so many drivers frightened to leave and they stay at the same depot that still pays precovid rates,I just simply dont understand if someone pays you 40% more,why would you stay in the lower paying job?
I dont get it.Each to their own,I guess