New topic old subject

: :smiley: Stick together people. This WTD thing could be starting to go our way if the early signs are anything to go by.
I have been watching the jobcentre pages this week and slowly but surely the rates being offered are insreasing. It is sinking in with employers that this thing is coming and trucks will stand if they are not ready in time. Which there is not much left.
I have been doing the same job for two years and was happy until 23/3/2005 was mentioned. By the end of May it will be like musical chairs. As long as we stick together, we could see rates hit 12 to 13 quid per hour minimum by Xmas.
Lets see if I am right. I bloody hope so.

It would be nice if the EMPLOYERS did do that but I belive that you

might find out, that people will be brought in to fill these jobs from

our poor EU member countries, Sorry M8::

Very true…On Saturday i got a letter from tescos saying thanks, but no thanks…same day there was an article in the paper saying that tescos were employing polish drivers as there was a shortage in the uk

Joey

Here’s the proof, please look at this article in todays Trucknet News Forum.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

what driver shortage, there are more than enough class 1 drivers in this country to fill all the vacancies but they have chosen to move to a different industry because of low pay and bad working conditions, i for one am one of those drivers, spent 15 years on trucks then gave up trying to get a decent wage i am now driving a taxi and doing quite well out of it, and i know of plenty of other ex truck drivers doing the same, i am waiting to see what happens with pay rates when the WTD comes in. if it does increase like you reacon it will, i could find my self back behind the wheel, but i wont hold my breath.