On strike at last

Switched T.V. on and saw half the country is on STRIKE because of low pay and crap conditions…EVERYONE EXCEPT US TRUCKERS THAT IS… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth::wink:

good luck tony, i`m off to work at 2300

I agree with you Tony!
Civil servents have gone on Strike because some of them only get £16,000 PA for a 37 Hr Week!

What a bloody shame!
Most are people who are working supporting a partner, who is the real wage earner!

Wake up Transport professionals!!! before its too late!

Since when has half the country been a few thousand prison officers, job centre staff and office of national statistics, (probally got the info of them :smiley: )

Civil servants pay is decided by Government, there is no free market you can’t go and work for differant companies job centre. I’ve no problem with people going on strike against their companies pay and conditions, but what happens if we all come out on a national truck drivers strike for more pay and then company x says to thier drivers come back to work and you will get your £10ph. Should thier employees then leave the strike?
Our pay is based on a free market taking into account local employment conditions (£16,000pa is above the average for this area). If you don’t like the pay for the company you work for then change companies, if you don’t like the pay in the industry then get a job outside of haulage. I did and ended up earning less because I couldn’t do the overtime.

if people want to strike then fair play to them.but when it comes to the haulage industry it will never work because there are to many reginal differances plus some firms pay above the going rate depending on what work they do.i work to provide my family with a decent standard of living i take home £400 a week that pays my morgage my bills and for my car plus theres bit left over.if a firm doesnt pay what i need then i leave and get a job that pays more money.if your not happy with the situation you are in then change it.the days of the unions having power are over.yes we should stick together and make a stand when it comes to conditions such as facilities when we are out on the road but theres better ways than doing it than stiking.pay is down to the company you work for if they value the drivers they have or want good drivers then they should pay a good wage.bosses only have themselves to blame if they cannot employ good drivers.if people stopped working for poor paying firms then maybe the message would get through.

Trouble with striking, i think people lose sight of what they are actually doing it for sometimes. Having done a lot of agency work for the Royal Mail and talking too the lads in sorting offices, it seems they strike for any reason at all!! The support they are then looking for then diminishes, i think the days of striking are numbered there will always be some wet nose prepared too cross the picket line! Unions dont have the same clout as old either.

Hang on a minute :question: :question: Hasn’t this exact same thread been done to death only a week ago with over 6 pages of replies with absolutely nothing coming of it :question: :question:

Pat’s last reply sums the whole thread up, perhaps you missed it Tony :question: :question:

Give it a rest please brother :unamused: . Just face it that it’s never going to happen :angry: EVER :open_mouth:

[and yes everyone is entitled to a reply and yes I don’t have to read the thread if I don’t want to but there’s a perfectly good thread already in existance]

Rob K:
give it a rest please brother :unamused: . Just face it that it’s never going to happen :angry: EVER :open_mouth:

Here Here that man well said rob

:smiley:
Good Point, Well Put