Left my van job now to start HGV work

So i finally had the balls to chin my Van job off

Stats - Class 1/2 ADR CPC Attained Nov 12 ( no experience ) 28 YR old

Im going to be ringing round Agencies shortly, just waiting to buy a Satnav and buy some PPE and A Paper map.
Im generally looking forward to getting amongst it even tho im going to get all the ■■■■ work due to be a newbie.
There going to ask me for experience, i haven’t got any. But i did serve 8 years in Army driving Challenger 2, Warrior, Viking(articulated). Would this count? and should i mention it?

Oh and do agencies give you any tests when you join them ?

Thats all for now

Cheers Carlos

Most agencies will ask you to do a test on drivers hours and other topics.About 20 questions.Multiple choice out of 3 or 4 questions.One will stand out as very wrong.
If go to the Vosa website under tachograph regulations i would brush up on the regulations.
If you do a 15 hour duty the daily rest is only 9 hours off.You can not make it 11 hours off as work and rest must fit in to 24 hour time period.
15 plus 11 is 26 hours.
If you are on break with tacho mode on bed\rest for 3 hours you can have 9 hours daily rest and can do that all week.
Only six shifts are allowed.
The working week is sunday midnight when it starts.
Buy a kitchen cooker timer to record driving hours.Or use it to count down daily rest.
Weekky rest is 24 hours then the next must be 45 hours off.

Ok brillaint. Thanks mate. Il do some research on hours. It’s complicated !
I find it confusing