Hello all

Been lurking for a while and recently got my Class 1 so thought i’d pop in, say hello and pick your brains with any questions I might have.

Paul from Skegness, in the RAF at the moment but in my last 2 years and looking to go into trucking when I leave (can’t be doing with another office job!!).

Will be doing my ADR, CPC and look at fork lifts as well so I can try and be as employable as possible.

I have the CPC on grandfather rights (I’m old enough!), do you have to do the full CPC training with the exams at the end or just refresher training for the 35hrs and you get the tick in the box, or 35hrs trg and an exam?? Bit confused when trawling the net as I couldn’t see a clear answer.

Getting myself on an Agencies books as well, when I applied for agency work about 5 years ago (cat C only) they told me that as I worked full time I would only be able to work 1 weekend day every 2 weeks, I had to have my hols as hols and not work during them, is this still the case?

Cheers, Paul.

if you have cpc on grandfather rights then you only have to do 35 hours training, no exams nothing

bit rediculous tbh but whatever.

its only the noobies without grandfather rights who have to do the exams (or whatever it is)

beefy505:
Getting myself on an Agencies books as well, when I applied for agency work about 5 years ago (cat C only) they told me that as I worked full time I would only be able to work 1 weekend day every 2 weeks, I had to have my hols as hols and not work during them, is this still the case?

Cheers, Paul.

you can drive during your holls no probs
1 day every other weekend seems about right if in a full time mon to fri job

the required rest hours are the important issues for the above