coming back

Hi guys,

long time no post…

I passed my C&E in 2000 and did a little of weekend work for a couple of years alongside my main job.
However I haven’t set foot in a truck since around 2005

I now need to look at getting back behind the wheel.

I realise things have moved on, most noticably the CPC.
I had a quick search on here but most info is about taking your test and CPC at the same time, can anyone point me to some info on what,why,when that applies to me??
Any advise greatly recieved.

PS I posted in the ‘New’ section, as I am basically a newbie, but with a licence.

m623d:
Hi guys,

long time no post…

I passed my C&E in 2000 and did a little of weekend work for a couple of years alongside my main job.
However I haven’t set foot in a truck since around 2005

I now need to look at getting back behind the wheel.

I realise things have moved on, most noticably the CPC.
I had a quick search on here but most info is about taking your test and CPC at the same time, can anyone point me to some info on what,why,when that applies to me??
Any advise greatly recieved.

PS I posted in the ‘New’ section, as I am basically a newbie, but with a licence.

You have until September 2014 to squeeze in 35 hours of suitably approved training

As you have the grandfather rights as Wheel Nut say you have until Sept 2014 to gain your periodic cpc

You could contact a local provider who may be able to help with some of this as there are many ways of gaining your cpc your photo ID driving licence has to be renewed every 10 ( if you have them ) do you have a digi card in date :question: as this has to be renewed every 5 years

Might be a good idea to go have a refresher if you not been in a truck for a few years depends on how much you are prepared to do this could go towards your cpc ( you have to do at least 7hrs within a 24 hr period ) as long as the provider is registered for this

Thanks for the replies,

I renewed my licence last year,
need a digi card though.

What is in these 35 hours?
is it classroom stuff or driving?

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

m623d:
Thanks for the replies,

I renewed my licence last year,
need a digi card though.

What is in these 35 hours?
is it classroom stuff or driving?

Some of it is classroom based but some can be driving

Can be driving?

does that mean its optional?

I hate been watched whilst I drive! lol

You can do all 35 hrs in classroom if you wish & you just have to turn up at the said venue can be done in 7hr blocks as well so dont have to do all at same time

Is quite easy as poss nothing you dont really know already I have done 7 hrs so far on driver hrs & tacho rules