Leaving Trucknet sorry to say

Well folks i have finally got ■■■■■■ off with this site i have now been silenced on my signature a mentiuon of capital punishment and also a mention of something i could personally offer to the people using this site with no benefit tomyself but a lot to the users of it.

I have had anough of the hierarchy and the little Adolfs given the powers they have form now on i just read the posts and willnolonger take part in it, having enjoyed this site thoroughly since i first found it i feeli have just been slapped in the face.

Can anyone give me the address of the PDA?.

No offenceRikki since having met you recently i know you are a fair guy but enoughs enoughs.

Bye Bye

jammymutt:
Well folks i have finally got [ZB] off with this site i have now been silenced on my signature a mentiuon of capital punishment and also a mention of something i could personally offer to the people using this site with no benefit tomyself but a lot to the users of it.

I have had anough of the hierarchy and the little Adolfs given the powers they have form now on i just read the posts and willnolonger take part in it, having enjoyed this site thoroughly since i first found it i feeli have just been slapped in the face.

Can anyone give me the address of the PDA?.

No offenceRikki since having met you recently i know you are a fair guy but enoughs enoughs.

Bye Bye

That a shame!

I have seen what they have done to you and i agree with your feelings!

you was a good member and you posted very interesting comments your comments and help will be missed!

good luck to ya!
I Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

Sorry to hear you’re leaving jammy.I personally understand the Trucknet position about your offer to get stuff on the cheap for people however well intentioned it was,but I think it’s taking things a bit far if your signature has been found to be unacceptable.It may not have appealed to everyone but this is supposed to be a forum for people to express their views and to have dialogue with each other.While there are obviously going to be disagreements,unless something is going to cause trouble for someone,legally or otherwise,what are we going to discuss if we all agree on everything? Your comments would be appreciated Rikki.

Jammy I can understand where you are coming from, I had a little run in under a diffrent name :confused: when I questioned the posting from self righteous person on another site, but thats another story :unamused:
If you look back over time on this and the other site it seems people do get peed off and just read the posts anyway :wink: and some just like to coment on every single post weather its relevent or not and some just like winding people up :wink: :wink: which is sometimes too easy.
For what it is worth I think the other site is not a patch on this site :laughing:
and you will be in danger of believing you are a legend in your own mind :wink:
Take a break and come back later, at least posts on here are resonably free from censoreship, whatever you decide good luck dude :wink:

we’ll be sorry to see you go Jammy. :frowning:
You have been a great contributor to this site, and given some of us 'newbie and wannabe’s some brilliant advice.
I agree with Tartenraider with this and I too understand Trucknet’s position with things like this. This was made very clear to me about a few posts I made that had to be deleted and edited for pure safety grounds. We all know what the state of this country is like and the way we are going is gonna be very similar to the States, where even if you sneeze in the wrong direction, someone somewhere will take you to court and sue the pants off ya.
Your offer may have been completely legal, and would have had no come back what so ever, but when someone offers you something on the cheap, whats the first thing that come to mind??.. :unamused: :unamused:

Anyway mate… Take care, and wish you all the best for the future

Jammy, what are you doing at home posting at this time of day :question:

Let me guess. Your employer has coersed you to take outstanding holiday whilst the yard is relatively quiet and the ‘Head of the Household’ is giving you grief for being under her feet. :imp:

To clarify one point already made.

AndyM:
Your offer may have been completely legal,

Let me first state that the removal of the signature was in no way meant as a reflection of his honesty or integrity. (I still have that extension to build and WILL call in when passing. :slight_smile: )

For a number of reasons, which I am unable to expound upon, the Mods and Site Admin have found it necessary to take a tough line on links and signatures. We have all tried to enforce this policy fairly and equally. I believe that you were recently contacted privately and requested not to continue using the signature.

You have always been a regular and welcome contributor, as well as a valued supporter, as demonstrated in your own post of 20 September.

Jammymutt:
On a more serious note and after meeting Lucy last week you guys who want to swear , be abusive and have a go at other members of Trucknet try to do it in a way that doesnt need to be edited.

Dont forget the admin are mostly drivers too and as such are as knackered as you lot when they get home and then have to come clean this up.

Thanx yet again to those who give up their free time to keep the site running.

As already mentioned, if you feel it necessary,

Take a break and come back later

You KNOW you will always be welcome.

just testing:
For what it is worth I think the other site is not a patch on this site :laughing:

Too [zb] right. :laughing:

have I got the wrong end of the stick? Was the bit about hanging bad guys ok to use in his signature? :confused:

Krankee:
…snip…Let me first state that the removal of the signature was in no way meant as a reflection of his honesty or integrity. (I still have that extension to build and WILL call in when passing. :slight_smile: )

I hope I didnt cause any offence, I certainly wasnt[/b] questioning his honesty or intergrity… but we dont know who else is reading this when people sign in as Guests, they could be anybody, and for want of a better word, Jammy, seemed to be leaving himself wide open.
Hope I didnt offend ya Jammy… :blush:
Hope to see you back soon, mate, as has been said, take some time out an pop back soon.[/i]

sorry to hear that your leaving jammy have only just got here and your leaving hmmmmm you got something to tell me lol.anyway enough about me i would do as a few have suggested and take a little break from it and re evaluate what u think you can give to this board and what it can give to you .I dont really know what has happened as regards to signa etc as bit b4 time but hears wishing you all the best in what ever you decide to do and take care

Give it some time jammy. Things may still lokk the same in a few days but at least you will have thought things through.

Hey Jammy

I know we havn’t spoken much, but I love reading your posts.

Don’t go off like that m8 :cry: We al get moderated here & there at times & beleive me it’s a difficult job running & hosting a site to please everybody (I run one for sign makers). I know at the time it winds you up, but you’re throwing trucknet out over nothing & you will not find a better site than this :wink: 90% are good guys & the other 10% just suffer permanent PMT :smiley: :smiley:

Think about it… don’t let the barbers grind you down :slight_smile:

John TTown
Another ex driver that likes contact with the trade :slight_smile:

just testing:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry to see you go Mutt.
Good Luck.

Kate

Just like to make a couple of points clear here.

I asked jammymutt to remove the original signature because it was advertising!!!

Advertising is allowed on this site but only with prior PERMISSION

So instead of asking for permission, the signature was replaced with another which made it quite clear that this service was still on offer.

I found this unacceptable.

Jammymutt, if you are reading this you have a large vocabulary and can talk a lot of sense at times.

Perhaps your time could be better spent, other than trying to circumvent the rules with the use of this vocabulary!!!

There are plenty of other things I could be doing other than following you around making sure your posts stay within the site rules :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

STEVE
SITE ADMIN.

He was providing a service not advertising!

not quite the same!

Jammy, like myself, has been on Trucknet for some time & I’ll be sad to you go m8.
However, I had seen the contraversial signature & must admit I was rather suprised you were allowed to use it for as long as you were.

As Andy said anyone can come in here. We are all well aware of an uniformed section of the public’s view of lorry drivers & their incorrect perception that goods can be helped to “fall off the back of a lorry” by the driver.

It may have happened 20 or 30 years ago, but with todays security methods & threat (correctly so) of instant dismissal, it is no longer so.

I am sure your offer was legitimate & you were just trying to be helpful to your fellow TNet members, but it is how it appears from the outside that was the problem.

When I returned from my world trip in May 03, I mentioned in a post that I was then seeking part-time driving work & added my contact details. I was asked to remove it as it was seen as advertising. However it now seems acceptable to make similar posts as others have done.

Regards, Jonathan

Ooooooops. My fault.

I removed this topic by mistake.

Now replaced.

Sorry to all concerned. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Did you think i could really give up on Trucknet? its been bloody hard thinking about it.

I have been told i can offer the service mentioned in my signature from those at the top :stuck_out_tongue: .

The offer of building materials is simply an offer to anyone who might be building anything from a brick barbecue to a full house, there was no intention of anything being off the back of a lorry ( other than with a hi-ab and an invoice).

Since starting my new job in June last year i have been promoted 3 times and have been given a whopping 21% pay rise, simply because my boss thinks i have a lot of potential . I don,t need the sales from this site which i would be selling at a very low profit margin anyway, i simply thought out of the kindness of my own heart i would offer something to you guys that i have the ability to offer.

If my past few months sales are anything to go by i will do sales in excess of half a million this year, not bad for a stupid old lorry driver ( my view of myself not that of other lorry drivers).

So i,m glad to be back (Never went really) and didnt realsie i had so many friends on here that i havent spoke to as much as i should now,and thanks for your support and input, i,m sorry if i offended anyone but like i said and will say again if you need anything simply PM me and ill see what i can do.

Steve i know its hard to be a self employed driver and then get home and admin on this site and i apologise whole heartedly if i offended you or broke the rules, it was not intentional.

Krankee have you got the plans yet? thats all i need i can do the rest :slight_smile::).

No offence taken…thick skinned us mods and admin you know :laughing:

Its all water under the bridge mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
STEVE.

ATKIG11:
No offence taken…thick skinned us mods and admin you know :laughing:

Its all water under the bridge mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
STEVE.

Skinned… is that word meant to be in there ■■?

heheheh nah u do a great job and specially as you are drivers as well etc to come and then spend time doing this lol hmmmmm now i am wondering more if you meant to put skinned in :stuck_out_tongue: