TruckNet UK and it's relationship with the PDA

Most of you know that I am the Owner of TruckNet UK - (“The other Website”) as many members of the PDA would have it.

What those of you who do not have access to the Members’ Forum on the PDA do not know is that I resigned from the PDA a few months ago after members of the Trustees repeatedly used my Company as a an excuse for the PDA’s own internal disputes and shortcomings.

In the members’ forum this weekend Ms Nicholson and other Trustees have yet again dragged the good name of TruckNet UK into PDA issues which are none of my Company’s business.

After the last incident I stated if it happened again I would take legal advice with a view to forcing the PDA and it’s Trustees to cease making scurrilous accusations.

This weekend I have requested that the PDA Trustees consider a formal complaint made by TruckNet (Europe) Ltd against some of their number. If this complaint is not dealt with in a fair and equitable manner I will consult with our solicitors at the earliest opportunity.

As a direct result of the continuing actions of some of the Trustees, namely using TruckNet UK as a whipping boy for their own deficiencies, I from this date state:

TruckNet (Europe) Ltd has no option due to the actions of certain of the Trustees of the PDA but to disassociate entirely from said organisation, and withdraw all forms of support.

On a personal note, I have always had great hopes that the PDA would grow into a valid, constructive, driver-led organisation. It is apparent that some of the Trustees are more determined to keep a flame war going between my Company and the PDA. I find that incredibly sad, and regret that a marvellous opportunity to benefit drivers is being squandered in this way.

Please note that this topic has been placed in the public forum on the PDA as it is a public statement. To that end it is also being placed on the main forum on TruckNet UK.