I would like to say thanks too Trucknet members

Thanks to all the great people I have met, and the advice I have been given it has been great.

I will be no longer posting or taking part in anymore forums etc. I have had enough of being insulted by a young up start who can seem to get away with anything.

And when a comment is made by myself to the person concerned I am told I will be banned and as its “Lucy`s” chatroom its her decision, and as usual this post will be removed.

I

Ok Willie sorry for what i have done, and just want us to be cool no argueing.
All the best for your operation.

Josh

Have I missed something■■? This is a public discussion forum sometimes people will fall out but banning good members MUST be a last resort. Let have some common sense around here.

I believe that this was in the chatroom and not on the forums, in the chatroom there is the facility to talk privatly to another user and also another room away from everyone else if users wish to argue, without disrupting every other user.

I dont know what was said as I wasnt there, and chat logs are not kept. But in general disruption within the chatroom would simply mean the person/people involved are booted for a short period of time (20 minutes I believe the system locks people out for).

That is totally different from a forum ban

Rikki, Lucy only got part of the story also she made it clear she paid for the chatroom and was her decision I AM NOT TAKING ABUSE FROM A 15 YEAR OLD

My only thought is that if a 15 year old says something to me perhaps in a way which quite possibly would not be meant in the way it was said then, as an older & hopefully, wiser individual, I would consider asking that 15 year old for another explanation as the first comment SEEMED to infer something that I was not happy with.

Rog I am not unreasoanable but it was constant !!!

Since the 15 year old has appologised can’t we all act like grown ups?

Every time someone has been annoying me in the chatroom , I found putting them on ignore worked for me :slight_smile: they can then chunter away to their hearts content while I remain blissfully oblivious

The TruckNet® UK Drivers RoundTable
Britain’s Biggest and Brightest forums for the Professional Driver

What the hell are 15yo children doing on here?
I understood it was FOR DRIVERS BY DRIVERS!!!

willie_mac:

I was not there so cannot and will not comment on what was said or in the manner in which it was said

It does seem a shame to end this old forum on a bit of a sour note though.

It also seems that Josh is reaching out to you and giving an apology - a very big thing for a 15 year old to do - most would hve the attitude of ‘sod off you old git’ - or words to that effect.

Personally, I applaud the young man for trying to appease you and make amends.

We all learn by our mistakes and others can see that we have learned only if we show them we have - I believe Josh is doing just that - learning from an error and doing the correct thing in trying to put it right.

willie_mac:
I will be no longer posting or taking part in anymore forums etc. I have had enough of being insulted by a young up start who can seem to get away with anything.

TruckNet is interactive, you have to take the rough with the smooth. At your age Willie, you should have developed the skills to deal with a Young Pretender! :wink:

olz69:

excuse me, i didn’t realise there was a age limit maybe i was mistaken?
It’s fine if you dont want me to come on and you just want drivers on here.

Josh.

olz69:

Class 2 theory 12-11-08
Passed theory test

:question: :unamused:

olz69:

Because they are the future of this industry.

Youngsters like Josh are hell bent on becoming truck drivers and I’ll bet he does it.

Have you taken the time to read his posts - there are not about the latest pop group but generally about trucking matters

should we deter the next generation of truckers :question:

Anyway, these forums can be read by just about anyone.

Joshh:

olz69:

Excuse me, i didn’t realise there was a age limit maybe i was mistaken?
It’s fine if you dont want me to come on and you just want drivers on here.

Josh.

Josh, there will always be one or two who think that way but if they took the time to READ your posts then they would realise that you REALLY are one of the next trucker generation :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

willie_mac:

I was not there so cannot and will not comment on what was said or in the manner in which it was said

It also seems that Josh is reaching out to you and giving an apology - a very big thing for a 15 year old to do - most would hve the attitude of ‘sod off you old git’ - or words to that effect.

We all learn by our mistakes and others can see that we have learned only if we show them we have - I believe Josh is doing just that - learning from an error and doing the correct thing in trying to put it right.

I think josh is actually a girl.
imagine that, girl drivers■■?
But has tried to say sorry if you can’t accept it says more about you mate.

hang on■■? Lucy pays for free software■■? I know its free because I have it quite happily sat here on my system having been a forum moderator myself for a GSD forum.

Mr B:

ROG:

willie_mac:

imagine that, girl drivers■■?
But has tried to say sorry if you can’t accept it says more about you mate.

how did you know!
but seriously i know i have done wrong so i am just correcting my error and i do apologise

Mr B:

If that is correct then I apologise for ASSUMING Josh is a Male :blush: