Ldd - ralph davies

Can anyone out there shed some light on how i can obtain a 2 part long distance diary from i think the 80s/90s truck and driver set about a ralph davies truck going from scotland to spain, think the truck was driven by ralph himself and can remember him running with a thompsons and stuart taylor truck also in the story. :question:

those were 2 separate LDDs if i remember correctly - if you can find out dates i may be able to help

In the meantime check this thread out

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24279

just to keep you going

Sorry guys really cant remember any more info on the ldd, not sure if the truck was a scania or volvo, can rember the stuart taylor truck that davies was running with was a iveco turbostar though■■?

Steve Rogers:
Can anyone out there shed some light on how i can obtain a 2 part long distance diary from i think the 80s/90s truck and driver set about a ralph davies truck going from scotland to spain, think the truck was driven by ralph himself and can remember him running with a thompsons and stuart taylor truck also in the story. :question:

I think you’ll find a guy called Willy Evans did the run down from Scotland to The South, before Ralph took over in Willy’s truck. I worked with Willy on RPL a few years ago and he was telling us the story about it.

Steve Rogers:
Sorry guys really cant remember any more info on the ldd, not sure if the truck was a scania or volvo, can rember the stuart taylor truck that davies was running with was a iveco turbostar though■■?

Sound like you’re getting mixed up with anothr LDD to me. There was a Blue F12 Globetrotter, an ST Turbostar and a 1628 Merc from Thompson’s all running down to Barcelona together. They got weekended somewhere then headed back.

The RDF Long Distance Diary was different if i remember correctly.

That sounds like what im looking for! Sorry thought it was a ldd about davies :blush: :blush: .Any idea where i could get a copy?

Steve Rogers:
That sounds like what im looking for! Sorry thought it was a ldd about davies :blush: :blush: .Any idea where i could get a copy?

I will have a look thru my old back copies of T&D and see what i can find, i gave most of them away a few months back, as they were in my way.

I will add thouh, it was only a 1 part LDD, and it did not start from Scotland, it started from somewhere in Yorkshire if i recall correctly.

Cheers for that i was weekended with willy at the b.p truckstop at zaragoza a few years back, had a few beers and a few laughs with him have never run across him since he was telling me he hoped to moved to cornwall weather he did or not who knows good bloke though.

I remember a LDD featuring Ralph Davies which started in Scotland, one driver brought it down after loading with I think prawns - you know, those Mediterranean prawns who see the Med for the first time when the trailer doors are opened. I’m sure the boss man him self took over the driving for the run down to Spain, can’t remember who they ran with but I remember it showed the truck being washed down in Spain after tipping.

Steve Rogers:
Cheers for that i was weekended with willy at the b.p truckstop at zaragoza a few years back, had a few beers and a few laughs with him have never run across him since he was telling me he hoped to moved to cornwall weather he did or not who knows good bloke though.

Last i heard of him, was he was back on for Ralph doing Scotland quite a bit. But that was a couple of years ago.

Ive got both the mags, 20 years old :open_mouth: , scanner ain’t working at the moment so you will have to cope with these poor blury photos. :blush:

steve iam anew member ihave that copy of tnd if you would like it get in touch and iwill post it to you or to tnd office to forward on

i have the first part but not the second,I would be very grateful if someone could take the time and trouble to scan the second part of this LDD or tell me where i can buy a copy of the mag.

try ebay for a copy…a lot of old magazines on there!!! i got this magazine last year on ebay

i see a famous irishman in this article johnny ‘dingle’ moriarty. hes still driving around these parts

Ben9:
i have the first part but not the second,I would be very grateful if someone could take the time and trouble to scan the second part of this LDD or tell me where i can buy a copy of the mag.

Here you go Ben9

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25573

Brilliant, thanks for that a 3 year search is now over.