Ralph Davies group with some cracking pictures

Have any of you got some photos of FH16 N777RDF please? I have one from her original RD days, when Mark Wickham had his trailer issue in Minsk!

Any others would be appreciated please.

RD had a photo album on the wall at a fuel station and snack bar that was called Eigors,or Eigalls, named after the owners hairy German Shepherd, the stop was on the national road north of Le Mans, did great Croque Monsiuer`s, cheese toasties, and was ideal for the ferry to have a 45 min break.
It was a Shell garage.

Subbing for Ralph (middle 90’s)

unloadinggreekstyle-001.jpg

whothehellisthis-001.jpg

daviesmackinthesnow-001.jpg

004-001.jpg

Bubbsopticme.jpg

ralph%20davies.jpg

Dougie Drake here (the Showman), Ten Bellies will remember me. he chased me back from Valencia to get his new FH16 back that Ralph had given me to drive. Henly’s yard at Paddock Wood when he finally cought me, he had my F12 and the right hump

From Truck & Driver 2002.

Please take a look at the thread for Steve Bryant. Thanks Cliff.

For anyone intrested theres a cracking site with some old pics of his
lorries when the looked the ■■■■■■■■!

Ralphdaviesinternational@groups.msn.com

Well worth joining.

That link is really good if I wanted to email them :wink:

You will have to go onto msn and do a search and you will find it. :smiley:

TRY THIS

jessicas dad:

My cousin Dave used to drive for them in a truck just like that on the Spain and then the Russia run.

Hey Rog

Was that Dave Payne ■■?

His old trucks seem to scatter far and wide.
One in Korea Courtesy of www.toprun.ch

And another from Turkmenistan courtesy of richardjw1

Hi, just found this site, and was plesantley surprised to hear a few names I remember from my time working for Ralph Davies (1990- 1999).All the PJK drivers mentioned in other threads, I recall very well. DeanB are you the Dean who worked in coopers. By the way my name is Chris Bubb.

I used to drink with many of the Ralph Davies drivers at a pub just outside of Cheltenham. It was a pub pretty much taken over by drivers of RD, Maguires, MLC and Gilders, god there was some diesel fumes in their every night :smiley:

Chris B:
Hi, just found this site, and was plesantley surprised to hear a few names I remember from my time working for Ralph Davies (1990- 1999).All the PJK drivers mentioned in other threads, I recall very well. DeanB are you the Dean who worked in coopers. By the way my name is Chris Bubb.

hello Mr Chris Bubb :slight_smile:
Long time no see. How are ya :smiley:
Get all ya old pics out mate. F456 wasn’t it ( i could be wrong :confused: )

Ian Keen ( ex Rokold & PJK )

Ian, you have got a good memory, F456 was my first truck on Ralphs. I was looking through the photos you posted on here, some great memories there. Do you remember Mimi from Greece? :laughing: Reading through other posts I noticed the terrible news about Mike Hinton, I hope his brother can secure his release soon. Is there anyone else on here I would Know hiding behind user names?. Chris.

Chris B:
Do you remember Mimi from Greece? :laughing:

I was thinkin about her yesterday when i saw your name :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: . The photo of Laura’s DAF was at the pack house @ Zevgolatio
Have found no other lurkers except Mr Kingsley himself is around now and then.
I bet you still got one of the famous RD calenders kickin around havn’t ya :unamused:
My memory aint too bad mate. Can still remember the first time I met you. Can you?
Customs north of Lisbon, 1990 on a bank holiday and we had to sit and wait. You were driving a silver Scania for RD coz yours was being repaired i think… :unamused: We went out for a meal with John & Wayne, Burlington Express and nice guy from DR Bailey ( port wine mark on his face, sorry cant remember his name ).

I will drop you a PM mate :sunglasses: .